Any suggestions for a wired ADSL router?

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good and not too expensive ADSL router, I have been looking at this one on Amazon.co.uk and it seems pretty good, but I want to get a couple of opionions or alternatives before I buy it.

Thanks, reps as usual.

That's the ADSL Router I use, and I've not had a single problem with it. The set up is very easy. All you need to do is enter your account details and it will detect and configure the connection. The firewall is also uPnP aware so that can be configured very easily as well.

Highly Recommended.

i also have that one (in fact got it from amazon as well) good peice of kit, never had a problem

Heh... I was going to name that one before I checked your link. ;)
I use the older version of it... the DG814. :p

well - looks like you are set for Netgear.... was going to mention I happen to have an old Linksys WRT54G (this includes wifi) and see if you were interested, but that would be purely a router and it looks like you want the extra of a switch and modem too - which mine is not, being purely router (four wired plus wifi).

However if you truly want to keep budget low bear in mind I would let the old linksys go for a song.... just get back to me.

Mainframeguy said:
well - looks like you are set for Netgear.... was going to mention I happen to have an old Linksys WRT54G (this includes wifi) and see if you were interested, but that would be purely a router and it looks like you want the extra of a switch and modem too - which mine is not, being purely router (four wired plus wifi).

However if you truly want to keep budget low bear in mind I would let the old linksys go for a song.... just get back to me.

Yeah I need the switch and modem, though thanks for the offer I appreciate it.

I'll order this thing when I get home I think. Thanks for the replies, I've added reps where possible.

For future consideration, Netgear do a wireless version of the DG834. The DG834G.

Double :):):)

I happen to have the Linksys WRT54G too. lol.
I use it for the wireless side of the home network, and is linked to the net via my DG814 modem/router. hehe

Ray,

I'd go for the one you saw at amazon but check froogle.co.uk incase you can save a few £££ :)

LordOfLA said:
Ray,

I'd go for the one you saw at amazon but check froogle.co.uk incase you can save a few £££ :)

Ah I keep forgetting about froogle! I still use Kelkoo which I find vastly inferior but for some reason I never remember to look on froogle. As it happens though, the only places that are slightly cheaper than amazon won't offer free delivery, so amazon is still the cheapest. Thanks for the tip tho.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back