any planned price drops for intel in the near future?

Prices always go down after time, it just depends how far your willing to go to buy one.

Intel announced a price-cut not long ago (few weeks).

Intel cpu prices dropped a little over a month ago (and have already taken effect). When the Prescotts are released I'm sure the prices will drop again according to my Greenspanian pholosophy.:D

yea I know, I hope they CPU prices drop just a lil more..... If not I'll have to stick with a 1.6Ghz cpu....

I'd rather not over clock.... and i cant with the intel mobo I'm getting

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I heard in the past couple of days that AMD is dropping its prices. I imagine if this is so then Intel will follow to some degree in order to remain as competitive. This is why I have loved AMD for years... they come out and successfully challenge a near-monopolist, resulting in a price-war that saves us a lot of money. I wonder how much we'd be paying for a 2+GHZ machine right now if Intel all but controlled the market.

only reason to why AMD is good..... makes intel drop their prices :D

Originally posted by jkoXP
only reason to why AMD is good..... makes intel drop their prices :D

I hope this isn't the general consensus on AMD. I'm not going to start a processor war, but I do believe that AMD makes great processors. My first system had a K6-2, and I was very happy with its performance. And I know since then they have made a lot of progress with the Athlon and Thunderbird. I haven't worked with an AthlonXP system yet, but I imagine that they are great as well. I understand that a bad experience with a certain product can greatly influence your opinion, but then again, every product has given someone a bad experience. I was just curious why you, or anyone else, don't like AMD. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back