• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

any planned price drops for intel in the near future?

S

stuy_b

Prices always go down after time, it just depends how far your willing to go to buy one.

Intel announced a price-cut not long ago (few weeks).

Intel cpu prices dropped a little over a month ago (and have already taken effect). When the Prescotts are released I'm sure the prices will drop again according to my Greenspanian pholosophy.:D

J

jkoXP

yea I know, I hope they CPU prices drop just a lil more..... If not I'll have to stick with a 1.6Ghz cpu....

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I heard in the past couple of days that AMD is dropping its prices. I imagine if this is so then Intel will follow to some degree in order to remain as competitive. This is why I have loved AMD for years... they come out and successfully challenge a near-monopolist, resulting in a price-war that saves us a lot of money. I wonder how much we'd be paying for a 2+GHZ machine right now if Intel all but controlled the market.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Originally posted by jkoXP
only reason to why AMD is good..... makes intel drop their prices :D
I hope this isn't the general consensus on AMD. I'm not going to start a processor war, but I do believe that AMD makes great processors. My first system had a K6-2, and I was very happy with its performance. And I know since then they have made a lot of progress with the Athlon and Thunderbird. I haven't worked with an AthlonXP system yet, but I imagine that they are great as well. I understand that a bad experience with a certain product can greatly influence your opinion, but then again, every product has given someone a bad experience. I was just curious why you, or anyone else, don't like AMD. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies