Any one else getting "CheckerBoard"

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
screen when I program opens or closes using nVidia drivers 100.54? My screen turns checkered or blinds for a split second and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Do you see this happening only before a UAC elevation prompt appears, or before any window/application opens in general?

Do you see this happening only before a UAC elevation prompt appears, or before any window/application opens in general?

I just changed my shortcut and the You have to be an Administrator window popped up. When I heard the .wav thats when I get it.

Ah, that's an issue that the display driver has when the system switches to Secure Desktop during privilege elevation. The ATI drivers on my Tablet PC deal with this much better than the NVIDIA ones on my desktop do.

Until a driver update fixes this, there's a workaround you can use. Hit Winkey + R and enter gpedit.msc in the Run box. Now, in the Group Policy Editor window, expand Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies, and select Security Options. Then, in the right-side pane, scroll down and double-click the "User Account Control: Switch to secure desktop..." item and set it to Disabled.

This, unfortunately, disables a good security feature, but it's the only workaround until we get updated drivers that fix the flickering issue.

Does this disable "getting permission" to install things and to make changes to my system? Boy thats annoying as hell... If I want to change the resolution or whatever I should click apply and that's it.. I don't want you need permission.

gpedit.msc doesn't work when type into the "run" window. I can't locate Group Policy Editor.

Last edited:
I turned it off in user control.. god I hate the UAC User permission prompt.

Yeah, my Intel integrated chipset handles UAC elevations a LOT better than my Nvidia drivers. It's sad to hear that they STILL haven't worked out such a basic issue in the current driver set.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back