Any one any good with printers, hardware problem...

Skunk141

OSNN Addict
I have a Epson Stylus Photo 2100 here that has decided to start printing really badly in that it only prints every other line so you end up with a completely unreadable page. I've tried the self clean with no joy and changed the cartridges, is there anything else to try, I'm not scared to open it if needs be...

Thanks

If you still haven't gotten it to work, you may try pulling the cartridges out and wiping them very gently with a soft tissue. Sometimes ink gets on the little chip on the side and causes problems.

You say you've changed cartridges, so if they have all been changed, that wouldn't be it.

Try taking them out and see if you can access the underside of the carriage. Gently clean with q-tips.

Seems I had this problem with an old Epson and we ended up getting it clean...

BTW, fellow Epson lover here!! I've got an R220 that I've run through the wringer. About to replace it with the new Artisan 800 in a few weeks! I won't print photo or graphic print jobs on anything but an Epson!

afaik its best to soak the heads for a few hours rather than just rub away at them. the soaking should get more gunk out and lessen abrasion. hope this helps :)

i usually just let the heads sit on a folded up paper towel soaked in rubbing alcohol for about 5 minutes.

You said you changed the cartages but it just sounds like it's running out of ink.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back