Any New Dvd Burners Coming Out Soon?

P

psx2000

I was in the market to buying a DVD Burner and was curious if any new models will be coming out say in the next 2 months. With basiclly a faster write speed.

I know they burn at 2x a dvd in 30 minutes but is there any 3x or 4x possible coming out?

Thank you for the time it takes to respond I greatly appreciate it.

I don't know but I would recommend that you get a DVD+RW burner and not a DVD-RW or DVD-RAM burner. Seems like the DVD+RW is going to be the future standard (I hope).

I heard last week that Sony is going to develop a DVD-writer which can deal with all the current standards, except for DVD-RAM, since these discs come in cases, just like minidiscs. I would keep an eye on the latest technews (like NTFS.org) to see how it develops...
I agree with Zedric that DVD+R(W) has currently the biggest market. But another mayor player in the DVD-business is Apple and they use DVD-R(W) discs.
I you want to decide now, go for DVD+RW.

Definately. As far as I know DVD-RW doesn't support multisession or buffer underrun prevension. DVD+RW does.

To be on the safe side I would go with sony for now, they are going to be supporting both DVD-RW and DVD+RW, so that way you won't have to worry about wich one is going to go out of style!!!:D

Originally posted by psx2000
I was in the market to buying a DVD Burner and was curious if any new models will be coming out say in the next 2 months. With basiclly a faster write speed.

I know they burn at 2x a dvd in 30 minutes but is there any 3x or 4x possible coming out?

Thank you for the time it takes to respond I greatly appreciate it.

God :eek: 2X!
and how much does it cost?200!?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back