Any method of bulk distributing windows updates via CD?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I tried to put the best amount of information in the subject. Lately I've been getting frustrated because of the amount of computers I have been reformatting, installing Windows XP w/ SP2 on them, and then attempting to update them. Sometimes, doing the Windows update (or if Office is installed, Microsoft Update) will go smooth and seamless. Other times, it's a real pain to get Windows Update to finally download and install the updates. Let's not forget to mention more and more updates are released after this release of the Windows CD I have, so it obviously will take longer. There are also MDT's that we can't quite bring inside to update them via windows update.

Now I'm sitting next to a laptop, that was upgraded to Windows XP from Windows 2000 (not reformat + fresh install, an actual upgrade)... and the internet just does not seem to want to work for me. I am interested if there is anything out there, that I can use to hold all of the latest updates, and basically put that on a CD and install them. This will make things easier, I can just install windows, go to the CD, and bam install all of the updates right then and there. Is there anything that is free out there that can do that?

Also, SUS is not an option here, while that works for the desktops (not always), that's not what I'm looking for.

you could manually download all the various hotfixes, string them together, write a batch file and qchain them in an install..

but you'd have to update your Cd and batch file and everything everytime there is a new update/hotfix to install.

IMO - Not worth it

Isn't there an update package for IT personnel from Microsoft? There was one for SP2. It installed all the updates after a reinstall. Have to find a link.

put linux on the pcs instead :p

LOL, Funny, Carpo.

I got my cd format from technet a while back when SP2 came out. Definitely getting the SP3 cd too when it gets issued.

Heeter

Last edited:
I am in a similiar psotion with RIS builds.
I currently have a build from SP2 with all windowsupdates integrated.

Waiting for SP3 which will obviously solve that problem.

I can't wait until that point; that means a new Windows XP CD will be shipped to the customer here which will include all updates up until that point w/ SP3 already on it... then I can take more care / knowledge on the slipstreaming of all updates. Will make things much easier!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back