Any incompatibilty found yet ?

Remar

Nerd Herd
Political Access
Hey everyone, I am fairly new here, and didn't see anyone asking this particular question. Has anyone found any programs that aren't Win 7 compatible yet ? Because the only things I have found software-wise that are incompatible are device drivers or some older hardware.

I think Norton Internet Security 2009 might have issues, but the 2010 is an open beta at the moment an working fine.

Although those with 2009 subscriptions will get 2010 free, it won't currently accept those serials so stuck on a trial serial which I can keep renewing atm so no real downside.

I think Norton Internet Security 2009 might have issues, but the 2010 is an open beta at the moment an working fine.

Although those with 2009 subscriptions will get 2010 free, it won't currently accept those serials so stuck on a trial serial which I can keep renewing atm so no real downside.
EP don't tell me you use Norton. :disappointed: <-- couldn't find a sick one

Well I wasn't gonna say it, but since you did Xie .... yeah wtf mate ? norton can't find it's way outta the box !

Hey I would have said the same until 2009 they really sorted it out, 2010 is more of the same.

The 2009 versions are really light on resources (even lighter than NOD32) and I expect 2010 to be the same or better.

ditto what AZ said...
i think they redeemed themselves last year.. lets hope they dont spoil it :D

Granted I don't pay attention a lot, but I did come across something interesting.

I went to Windows 7 x64 over the weekend. Opened up IE and went to install java from www.java.com - I got a warning message about how I need to install Java for x86 and x64 so both my browsers were compatible with Java. I don't recall seeing that message in the Beta versions or on Vista x64 for that matter. I don't know if that's an IE8 thing, a new thing or just something I never noticed before.

Hmm, I honestly can't say I have ever really run the 64bit version of Internet Explorer, but I have Java installed fine, or at least Java apps such as the OSNN chat room run fine.

With software so far, I couldn't run one of the latest versions of Deamon tools. (Maybe they came out with a newer one since a couple of months ago)

As for hardware, My HP Laserjet 1020 USB printer couldn't install properly. Win7 detects it, but could not find device drivers. Had to install some obscure HP windows driver in compatibility mode to get it to work.

As well, my Logitech MX Revolution mouse is acting quirky since Win7 install, with or without Setpoint drivers.

Heeter

My MX Revolution has been working fine, what kind of quirks?

yeah, same for daemon tools/alcohol.. they needed a new driver, but it's been sorted out

My MX Revolution has been working fine, what kind of quirks?

Well, my left click button double, triple and quadruple clicks instantly when I
just single click. At first I thought it was because the USB receiver was too far being behind the tower, so I moved it to the USB on my keyboard, but it still does this.

Heeter

Adobe Acrobat
Nuance PDF Creator

Can't get above to create/convert webpage to pdf

Hmm, have you had the mouse for a while?

I have had for about three years, been using it on my last linux for a couple of years, then before on a XP machine, no issues until I hooked it up to my three different WIN7 setups (7077beta, 7100rc, 7232rc all 64bit)

Also forgot to mention, lots of times, I left single click on a link or something, then I have to try a couple of times as it didn't register.

Heeter

does autocad work with windows 7?

I think there's a work around for it to owrk on vista, I haven't checked it out yet, I am wondering if anyone installed autocad on 7 though

I have had for about three years, been using it on my last linux for a couple of years, then before on a XP machine, no issues until I hooked it up to my three different WIN7 setups (7077beta, 7100rc, 7232rc all 64bit)

Also forgot to mention, lots of times, I left single click on a link or something, then I have to try a couple of times as it didn't register.

Heeter

I had mine a similar length of time and can definately relate, I had left click or right click issues constantly. I ordered a new one of the same model (although it turned out to be a 2007 mode rather than my original 2006 model) and I was actually suprised to find how different it was to click the button, a louder and more established click and needless to say no more issues. So perhaps, if you have a retail store that displays them etc. give it a click and see if it feels more pronounced!

I think whats happening is, the button inside is getting gummed up or worn down, I wouldn't recommend it but I found a guide for another mouse and applying some WD40:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1793115

Not specifically a Windows 7 issues though :)

Quite a funny error when I was downloading the installer for the newer beta of NIS 2010, seems the older beta was a little suspicious.

Attachments

• NISdownloader.png
    NISdownloader.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 85
I had mine a similar length of time and can definately relate, I had left click or right click issues constantly. I ordered a new one of the same model (although it turned out to be a 2007 mode rather than my original 2006 model) and I was actually suprised to find how different it was to click the button, a louder and more established click and needless to say no more issues. So perhaps, if you have a retail store that displays them etc. give it a click and see if it feels more pronounced!

I think whats happening is, the button inside is getting gummed up or worn down, I wouldn't recommend it but I found a guide for another mouse and applying some WD40:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1793115

Not specifically a Windows 7 issues though :)

Thanks EP,

Now that you mention it, it does sound like the actual mouse itself.

I am not going to bother trying to fix this one then, just order up a new one.

Thanks again,

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back