Any Idea?

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
So we have ebay.com blocked at work so no one can get to it. I know we set this up in the firewall, but my co-worker can get to it! Any idea what he is doing to get to that site? (I am on the applications side of things not the networking just wondering) I am not looking for any how to or anything like that.

go through a proxie? proxyking.net

Yeah, what Khayman said is most likely. You could also try it going through Google's translation tool -- just don't translate it into another language. :p

There is actually a thread in the Green Room (several pages deep, though) about ways to circumvent the blockage of sites. It listed a bunch of sites.

You have a link to the green room thread? I search and browsed. There is so much out there I could not find it.

Thanks

I think it was after August but before the crash. It's likely gone.

madmatt said:
I think it was after August but before the crash. It's likely gone.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now that I think of it, I used to used some kind of annoymous surf program. Does that work the same way?

The problem with proxy avoidance is that good gateway/security suites (such as Websense) block them. Not only does it have built in protocol blocking for proxy avoidance but it also receives real time updates around the clock. I tested several of the links mentioned in that thread against Websense (because as an administrator threads like this make me mad – don’t try and defeat my security!) and there was only one that was “Uncategorized” and that was quickly changed.

Surf programs normally operate on a different port and once again, good security prevent access to those ports; I have my firewall configured to allow traffic for HTTP (80) and HTTPS (443) for my users (172.16.1.50 - 172.16.1.150), servers have more access and the Exchange server obviously has access to SMTP.

don’t try and defeat my security! <--- yeah I know what you are saying lol. I tried a few and they were blocked. Oh well, at least I know now. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back