• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Any Idea????

K

Kobura

Hi all,
since this happened,about a week ago,it takes 5 minutes to connect to my home page,but after that its ok.Any idea how to fix it???
Cheers

R

RobbieSan

weird.. boot into safe mode (hit F8 a bunch and choose safe mode) and then go into device manager and see if you have duplicate drivers entries for your NIC..

oDin

xp m0nk3y
RobbieSan has a good idea but, you don't need to be in safe mode to see if you have duplicate drivers. and chances are you won't. unless you have been playing around. check and make sure one isn't a shortcut.

oDin.

K

Kobura

Thanks guys, but I haven't got duplicate drivers and it's not a shortcut, I can't get rid of the damm thing!!!!!!

R

rettahc

I did this on my system, it was caused by a XP tweaking program. I can't remember which one it was, but it was in a menu about the what is shown in the control panel.

K

Kobura

Hi,
oDin I don't even have a network-card!!!
but I have used tweak-xp if that could be the cause I don't know.
What I found out in hidden devices is that I have drivers for a network-card but if I try to uninstall them I get a message that windows needs them to boot the system!!!! Weird
Any comment?
Thanks guys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test