any fix for media player not turning off?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I know it's a common issue, you x out media player and it keeps playing

could someone write a batchfile to turn off the player so I don't have to go into task manager?

Not sure.

If mine is still playing, I usually just double click on my sidebar tool that has my cpu stuff, it opens taskmanager, and I close it :)

Not sure.

If mine is still playing, I usually just double click on my sidebar tool that has my cpu stuff, it opens taskmanager, and I close it :)
there should be command to shut it off, if so there could be a batch file or vb, though it probably wouldn't work since it's gonna use the same call as the program uses, still, would like to give it a go

It's the only annoyance I currently have with Vista but I haven't seen a work-around.

If I find something, I'll post :)

It's the only annoyance I currently have with Vista but I haven't seen a work-around.

If I find something, I'll post :)
I just read if you hit stop before closing that does the trick

will let you know but that's just a workaround, I want to x it out while it's running

Perris do you have the plugin to show whats playing in live messenger enabled?

When you close it without anything playing is there still a process?

I'll have a look next time it happens

the workaround is obviously to stop whatever is playing, you don't have to open task manager, you can relaunch the player and hit stop then close it down

but I will have a look in task manager the next time it happens to see if it is still running, my guess is that it is

ya, it still runs in taskmanager when with that work around, still that's really not a big deal, it's gonna release the resources in it's working set if it's not being used but I am surprised the service pack didn't address the issue, my other players close with no problem

Man of 1000 questions.

Is your phone connected when this happens?
Does it happen when it isn't?

I had this problem several years ago. I tried EVERYTHING I could think of and I still couldn't get it to go away. In the end I reformated my computer, and that finally did the trick :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back