any Diablo II wanna be games?

dubstar

format c:
i, like many others, was addicted to Diablo II: LOD. just wondering if there are any that are visually similar (top down view), with the same type of game play going on. With upgradeable weapons/armor/amulets/belts/ect.

i would just keep playing diablo, but i sold it on ebay, and too many people duped things and so on, yada yada, ect.

any games like it? thanks

Dungeon siege is not too bad, I enjoyed it, expect for a few things like the fact that u can't use your MultiPlayer characters in Solo campaigns.. like you would in Diablo..

I actually found that quite frustrating at the end. Other than that, it's a good game, it does require a good machine to really enjoy it, although I played it on a P3 500. I'm about to buy a P4 2.8 FSB800 and I think I'll reinstall it, just to see...

There was also Throne of Darkness, which has been done by ex-Blizzard programmers, but I only tried the demo, and never got addicted..

It's been 3 years, and I'm still playing Diablo 2 :)
Blizzard sure knows how to make great games...

dungeon siege is probably the only good one out there... might want to try never winter nights. I found the best cure for diablo 2 to be a good mmorpg. I play dark age of camelot.

Ahh, that has been the toughest hole to fill. I played D2 and expansion for a good 2 years, religously. Only reason I don't play now is the hacking and duping ruined the experience. Make an appearance every once in awhile just to do a few magic runs. Tried lots of games, morrowind, dungeon siege, NWN, but nothing has held my attention like diablo II. Currently I'm still playing neverwinter nights, which is pretty cool, although I am new to the D&D rules. Currently waiting for starwars galaxies and of course world of warcraft.

Even though ppl are duping everything left and right and SOJs have virtually no value now so to speak Diablo II: LOD is by far the best RPG ever made and I don't think any compare.

I just changed game genres all together, I chose America's Army- haven't played Diablo in quite some time and don't think I plan to again.

You better buy back your copy of D2

Still got all my disks, from Diablo to DII LOD. I take the cob webs off it every once in a while to stay sharp. :cool:
Still I think nothing else compares and that is sad. :(

I luved my Barbarian Character. He was vicious. :p

Ahh, diablo 2 is one of the best. Theres a game kinda like diablo. Not as dark. It has an anime feel to it. www.ragnarokonline.com. I loved it when I played it. Now I am addicted to Dark age of camelot and xbox live. I still play diablo 2 but I went a few months without playing so battle.net decided to delete me and my fiancee's characters now were trying to start all over heh. but its hard when your addicted to another game. I suggest trying ragnarok online. or dark age.

Originally posted by dubstar
::crossing my fingers for Diablo 3!::

lol, i think we all are, i think everyone has at one point, played one of the Diablo games. I only played Diablo2: LOD, and i loved it, i probably played for a year or so, i never played online, i just played with friends and stuff. I had one of every character, i think my barbarian and necromancer were the best though.... lol, i could rase a whole sh*t load of skeletons and skeletal mages :D

ya, i hope theres a diablo 3 too :)

-Bert

Check out Divine Dignity, good stuff

I was trying to think of the name of the game..this is close but not quite.

DIVINE DIVINITY

Now that game is alot like Diablo 2, and if you like that you'll like this too.

:D

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

DIVINE DIVINITY

demo is downloading right now.. and if im a happy camper, money will be spent.. thanks for the tip off

Dungeon siege si too damn easy and you get too much stuff in your inventory etc.

Nie game tho, never tried it online

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

DIVINE DIVINITY

this is a very very very close runner up to Diablo II! consider this game, purchased.

im so addicted, and all i do is keep getting killed by this little elf guy for trying to steal his meat from the pig i killed..

(if you dont play the game, you probably think im crazy)

::the addiction sets in::

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back