Any Bollywood fans here?

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
I know MdSalih is one.

If you are, go check out Kal Ho Na Ho. Shah Rukh Khan proves once again he is the best actor in Bollywood.

Originally posted by o_87
I know MdSalih is one.

If you are, go check out Kal Ho Na Ho. Shah Rukh Khan proves once again he is the best actor in Bollywood.

yah I watch em on occasion...

and shah rukh sucks man :)

he's over-rated and his laugh annoys the hell out of me...

give me naseer or paresh rawail anyday :)

Re: Re: Any Bollywood fans here?

Originally posted by Sazar
yah I watch em on occasion...

give me naseer or paresh rawail anyday :)

Blah. I think he's an awesome actor. To each his own I suppose. But you should check this movie out dude. :)

edit: What I really liked about this movie is the fact that it didn't follow the run-of-the-mill bollywood plot. All the actors played their parts quite well as well.

Re: Re: Re: Any Bollywood fans here?

Blah. I think he's an awesome actor. To each his own I suppose. But you should check this movie out dude. :)

edit: What I really liked about this movie is the fact that it didn't follow the run-of-the-mill bollywood plot. All the actors played their parts quite well as well.

I haven't seen a GOOD bolly flick since the days of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Border... a coupla good slapstick flicks but nothing that really made me sit up and take attention...

that and the fact I have been watching more indie flicks :)

Yo.. im the biggest bollywood fan... you know it o_87 :) :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Bollywood fans here?

My thoughts exactly.
laugh.gif

I haven't seen a GOOD bolly flick since the days of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Border... a coupla good slapstick flicks but nothing that really made me sit up and take attention...

You didn't like Lagaan? :eek: Or did you not watch it?
I agree though, there haven't been many truly good ones during the last few years.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Bollywood fans here?

Originally posted by NetRyder
You didn't like Lagaan? :eek: Or did you not watch it?
I agree though, there haven't been many truly good ones during the last few years.

well with the way movies come to america :) I may have put things a little out of perspective...

I get dvd's from time to time... I watched lagaan before I watched either Border or Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam...

Lagaan was good flick... loved the songs too...

still I would love for more of the southern directors to make an impression in the north... films like Roja/Dalpati and the like... those I like... they have good thematic music and performances... the rest of the crap really is an insult to ones intelligence... but I might check out o_87's suggestion... it should probably be in stores here...

Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Bombay, Dil Se, Roja...some of the others you mentioned. Ahh, those took the crown.
As for this new one Omar is talking about...I'm not sure. I've heard mixed reviews of it from numerous friends. Some loved it, others hated it beyond words. Guess the only way to find out is to watch it, huh?
;)

dil chahta hai was a different kinda flick.. run of the mill with a twist so to speak and I liked the difference :)

there are some flicks that come by once in a while... but few really blow me away...

Naseer and Paresh Rawail in SIR were brilliant... the best performance I have seen from them and wasted in a crap flick... such a shame... same with nana patekar in Commando...

Amitabh in Agneepath as well though... THAT was superb... take away the masala dances and crap with Mithun and that movie ranks as my fav...

back in the day they had better story lines and acting... when amitabh ruled the roost it was on the back of pretty good scripts... excellent performances...

now... shah rukh and co... not much to write home about... shah rukh's best performances to date were in his first few movies... when he was fresh... now its all just hype...

Hehe, remember Shah Rukh in the TV-serial "Fauji?" :)

take away the masala dances and crap with Mithun

Hahaha...Mithun. That guy's just a joke
laugh.gif

true but the bloody cricket match could have been a little shorter and the actors given a little better training wrt their actions I think...

I mean ffs I am a cricketer and there is no way in hell that I could conceivably pull or hook or slice any shots to the fence or over it for that matter with the crappy motions they were pulling...

:cool:

I am just hard to please as you may have noticed lol...

No, I didn't notice that at all :p It doesn't have to be realistic for it to be fun to watch.

No, I didn't notice that at all :p It doesn't have to be realistic for it to be fun to watch.

yah but they can at least somewhat learn to play the game..

some of the brits and some of the villagers were ok but the majority sucked... even in primary school our cricketers were not that bad and somehow these fella's scored half-centuries and centuries :rolleyes:

lol... its fun to watch but it bugged me while I was watching it

Hahah, I noticed that as well. Didn't bother me though...it's a movie afterall :p

I saw one once...it was about cricket, India vs the English....didnt think i would like it but got hooked and watched all the way thru!! Channel 4 had a season of Bollywood movies last year some time...better than i had expected (no disrespect implied).

spooky thread :p
Cant say I'm a fan, you seen one person hiding behind a tree, you seen them all :p

Has anyone seen some new Indian flicks? :)

seen all those
thought they were pretty good
laagan n border tho they were really good
might watch lakeer and bardaasht soon not sure yet maybe one of em 2morrow

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back