antivirus software

I

icerabbit007

:confused: I have a question for you. For my work I fix computers. Lately a lot of computers are infected with a virus. Under win9x I use f-prot for dos to delete the virus (in this way I don't have to install antivirussoftware). For win2k ore XP I use norton (the cd-rom is bootable). Is there a way to use the latest anti-virus software without installing software on a computer? I don't know if I can thrust norton because I can't upgrade the virusdefinitions when I use it.

There are a couple of Internet sites available that will do scans for you over the internet, but it will still load some software on the machine.

I suggest biting the bullet and purchasing multiple copies of a GOOD anti-virus program to install on your client(s) computers. In this day and age you're asking for big trouble NOT having this software installed, unless you really like disinfecting and then reinstalling because the virus has damaged something the cure couldn't fix.

You say you run F-prot. Good program for sure, get the one for windows that offers real-time protection and automatically updates itself:

http://www.f-prot.com/f-prot/products/fpwin.html

I notice that you can download it and try it (shareware). Give it a spin and kik all the tires. Single licenses are $25 usd.

Thanks mate!

The problem is, that many clients don't want to buy anti-virus software (very dumb I know). And sometimes when you install antivirussoftware to remove a virus it gives problems with your windows installation when you later remove the software (because the client dont want to buy it). I agree with you that a good virus scanner is a must have. With sites do you mean, that can remove virusses?

Yeah, they install some scanning software right from the web browser and do the scan. Let me go look, I don't have it handy because I've only used it a couple times and need to do a search for it. As soon as I find it i'll post a link.

Here it is:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/

Wow thank you for your reply! Sorry about my bad english. I will give the online scanner a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back