anti virus

for Free Antivirus take a look aat AVG Free. Not the bst on earth but its the best free solution at the moment.

If yoou want paid for antivurs its a toss between nod32 and kaspersky. I recently did some googl crawling and found that they are now so close in terms of accuracy you cant go wrong with either of those two.

for me avg is the best, i didnt like kapersky or nod32, but everyone has their cup of tea (im not making fun of you lord, just saying everyone has their preferences :))

Aye prefrences are one thing. but cold facts are another :)

Cold facts indicate nod32 and kaspersky to be the leaders as of february and avg leaves alot to be desired. However when its free you cant complain :)

i thought nod32 was heavy on system resources that's why avg got the lead and that avg found more stuff

no nod32 is pretty light on the system too, just didnt like it

I just got Avast! Pro .. I like it a lot. The free version of avast is nice also.

I recommend checking every file you receive with a hex editor.

If that's not your thing then Nod32 is funkah

no offence lee, but norton is horrible, will never go back to it, its heavy on the system and has so many viruses that target it and disable it. takes a long long time to scan, cant remove half the viruses somtimes

For some strange reason, Norton is only heavy on system resources on certain systems, I've spent countless hours trying to diagnose the reason and still can't figure it out. I use McAfee V8 Enterprise personally due to corporate decisions made by people who really don't have a clue, but to be fair to McAfee, we have V8 on over 600 pc's and have no problems with heavy resource usage or virus problems and some of these pc's are below 1GHz!!! We have V7 Enterprise on the rest of the pc's with little or no problems as well.

As stated above, preferences ARE one thing, but these so called facts are only tested on a few pc's, we have tested various anti-virus programs on groups of machines and have found little difference between them. We use McAfee on over 1000 pc's of various spec and have virtually no problems with it at all. Granted, this is not through choice as personally I would opt for another vendor but I nor anyone else can deny the hard cold fact that we don't have problems with McAfee.

This is the Enterprise version. Don't know if it's the same as the home version or not.

But to be honest, you won't go wrong with the various free programs stated above.

Norton is garbage, you couldn't give it to me ...

AVG free! Been using it for years and it's never let me down (that I know of anyway :))

Johnny said:
Norton is garbage, you couldn't give it to me ...

Johnny you and NAV, don't go telling people it's garbage as a lot of us who use it find it works fine; wheres that cute pic you had of ralph gone to? :up:

themafia.69 said:
no offence lee, but norton is horrible, will never go back to it, its heavy on the system and has so many viruses that target it and disable it. takes a long long time to scan, cant remove half the viruses somtimes

Don't drain my system, uses only 1,548k on my system. Getright for example uses 3.5 X resources than NAV.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back