Anti Virus.....

S

slayer[X]

Ummmm.... when i install ANY anti-virus, my pc runs slow as hell!

why is that? I have 320 mb ram, and i think its enough!

Thats why i keep getting those damn viruses!

I think this is because you already have a virus. Since you can't do a virusscan or install one, The only way to get rid of it is to format and reinstall XP

Originally posted by sboulema
I think this is because you already have a virus. Since you can't do a virusscan or install one, The only way to get rid of it is to format and reinstall XP

Format will not allways erase a virus , like bootvirus .. With FDisk u will be able to erase it too ..

your's computer don't speed fast what's your anti virus ?
only kaspersky work on the all XP
:)

I can run anti virus programs but it's so slow!

The daily schedule of me:

1. Run disk defrag.

2. Run Scan disk.

3. Run virus scan from mc affe.

4. Reboot. (No viruses found)

5. Runs slow as hell!

Originally posted by pacou
your's computer don't speed fast what's your anti virus ?
only kaspersky work on the all XP
:)

his speed is fine, do the symantic online, unless you got norton sytem works....dont use fdisk/mbr if you have any harddrive apps like easydrive, or itll mess up more......

kaspersky is a good one also.....

but norton is the top notch in my book......

norton win doctor can solve boot virus issues.

i just noticed you are using macafee? theres your prob it stinks loolol. its always been a hog, norton 2002 has always run great for me...
ps macafee can jack stuff even after uninstall you need to manually remove any macafee files left behind after uninstall
and if you are installing more than one av prog on your pc
ill bet thats your prob...make sure you only have 1 av app at a time on there.....;)

have clear the all install of anti virus

dear, have see in regedit if you have clear the all install of
anti virus ?

u may wan't 2 consider a new processor.

one of the innate problems with antivirus software is that they are configured for maximum protection.. this means they scan every file that is run, opened, copied, moved, and downloaded.. many users do not need this level of protection.. it will slow down any machine but of course some more than others.. I recommend you check options and perhaps uncheck scanning on 'run or opened' ect.. I keep mine set to scan all email attachments and any downloaded files.. with this setup I have been virus free for the longest time.. since I'm a bit paranoid I check for virus definition updates every day.. I always manually scan any files I download to be sure..

now, if after playing with options you still find your machine crawling perhaps you should completely uninstall the AV program to see if the problem persists.. if it does then there is something else causing this problem..

overall I'd recommend Norton Antivirus..

800 celeron
it aint that fast in the first place..
but i guess it could do..
try out somethin like norton
and see if that works better for u

I forgot to mention,

I used every anti virus i can find.

Panda
Norton
Mc affee

And those other unknown anti v.
Still Slow.....

(HEY! DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CELERON 800, WERE ONLY POOR PEOPLE, AND I THINK IT OK!):)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back