Anti-Virus problems

P

perpetual98

I've done a search and I couldn't seem to find anything, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having any problems. I've tried NAV 2002 and McAfee 6.x and they both puke after about a week of installing them. Currently, I have McAfee installed and almost every time I boot up, I get a couple minutes into using the pc and then the hard drive chugs hard for a couple minutes and I get an "NT On-Access Scanner service" error and McAfee shuts down.

Any clues?

F

filth_£_boy

www.grisoft.com for avg free antivirus has no problems on w2k or wxp.

uses less resources than norton and is only around 5m dload.

F£B

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
avg finds more viruses, uses less resouces, has faster updates, it's free...figure the rest out for yourself

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plesuvius