Anti-Kerry movie to air w/o commercials

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/11/news/newsmakers/sinclair_kerry/index.htm

there is going to be a movie that is very anti-kerry being aired without commercials possibly next week unless the DNC's appeals stop it.

What I don't understand is that this is America and we have fought a long time to have the freedom of speech.

Now people will see another biased piece of propaganda (Michael Moore) so what's the difference.

People have the right to not watch it if they don't want to, so if you don't agree don't watch

I think it'll be fine for this propaganda to be broadcast...and of course someone will release something similar without commercials for the democrats.

this is getting good

I saw this one coming as soon as F911 opened. I know you guys did too.

people have a right to be shown material regardless of party affiliation...

otoh sinclair group has a responsibility too... had the group not been so obviously biased in its dealings in the past I doubt the dnc or anyone else would have cared much...

the fact that sinclair group is partisan, and the extent to which it is is absolutely clear, it does raise questions...

if they are not going to give equal time to the other political parties that is violation of campaign finance law...

There really is nothing the DNC can do though. In this situation they are just airing a documentary created by a journalist. Also the weird thing about this is precedent. There isn't any, and the only possible thing the DNC can do is try to prove their claim that Sinclair Group channels have refused to air DNC commericials as claimed in the link

I agree Perris but you show me a guy that works for minimum wage owning a tv station and I'll tattoo the name of the station on my butt

my very point...thank you

ever since reagan repealed the fairness doctine, the wealthy have made media their own infomericial

before reagan repealed the doctrine, media were obligated to provide equal time for oposing views...that doctrine no longer applies

and this is the very reason people beleive the vile that is cast on any democrat, yet ignore whatever a republican has done though shown precise fact, cause and effect

my very point, thank you

Oh please. Democrats are always slinging dirt, pulling dirty tricks and hitting below the belt. Apparently only they are allowed to do that, but as soon as the Republicans play dirty tricks -- voila! They're guilty and nasty and wrong and disgusting. Whatever. Kerry goes, does an interview and says some totally IDIOTIC things (war on terror is like prostituion and the drug war..!?!?!?) and then when the Reps want to put out an ad quoting him on that? OH NOOO! The Dems spits fire and petitions to disallow the commercial because...that's not what Kerry said! I love Democrats. Oh, one other thing...people with Bush stickers keep getting their tires slashed and cars keyed. But not a single Kerry supporter with his ugly horse-face on their car has had anything done to them. Just underscores the Dem party and the scum that support them.

LOL! BOO freakin' HOOO! I love the DNC! "It's partisan and unfair..." LOL no f*&ng s%*t! No, why don't the Bush supporters show something nice and fluffy that takes Kerry's feelings into account. Maybe they can even show something about Bush as well, the very person they support.

"The complaint to be filed with the FEC states it is inappropriate for the Sinclair Broadcasting Group to air partisan propaganda in the last 10 days of an election campaign, said Cabrera."

Really? It's inappropriate? Says who? Why so? Because the DNC can't dish something out in time? It's being shown before the election, so why can't they show it? Ahh Democrats.

I agree, they should be allowed...this is all part of the campaign, make noise, yell and scream and cry foul...it's all in the game...the bush family owns the fcc...the democrats don't expect any quarter...they're just trying to get some free press

it's working

even with what Reagan did it doesn't matter becaue a wealthy man has to own a media conglomerate because a poor man can't afford it...if a democrat was wealthy and was able to own the company it would be the same thing

I will be happy when its all over with , what gets me is you all still think any of this matters

Reality check. If Kerry is really annoyed he can buy all the TV stations and show whatever he wants. I don't want anybody who has more mansions than I have pairs of underwear in political office. They have no clue and never will.

If Kerry really gives a **** why doesn't he give 2 of his 3 Billion dollar net worth to charity. I'm sure he can get by on just a Billion.

I would just like to take this opportunity to once again remind everyone that while all's points and views are appreciated, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it...

please define your points in your post and please don't post in an inflamatory manner that has no point other than to goad the other side (so to speak)

disagreements and different points of view are fine, there is however no need to make sweeping generalisations/comments/plays on stereotypes that have no logical backing and are blatantly derogatory/inflamatory (there's that word again) in tone and content...

play nice...

LeeJend said:
Reality check. If Kerry is really annoyed he can buy all the TV stations and show whatever he wants. I don't want anybody who has more mansions than I have pairs of underwear in political office. They have no clue and never will.

If Kerry really gives a **** why doesn't he give 2 of his 3 Billion dollar net worth to charity. I'm sure he can get by on just a Billion.

you realise the bush family collectively has probably as much, or more money than the kerry clan right?

Yes but it is great how only the filthy rich are the only ones that get that job dont you see this is the whole joke, it really is just that really after all nothing will change in the end we all know this, sad part is most everyone does not know that and they think that if they put one guy or the other in office that there little lives will change.

but nothing great will happen they might toss a crumb one way or the other thats all.

well badnarik wanted to get in on the debates, and ended up being tossed in jail :)

only the dems and republicans will ever have a candidate with the current setup...

it is also not the best candidate, most people vote for their party... not the best candidate...

if it was a candidate people were voting for, we would likely have many more people running for office...

I am glad they will show this. Other stations are getting in on it also, You will see it on more than just the limited stations that air it. The Kerry Camp does not want this to be shown because they know it will show that he is nothing but a lieing cheat, and will also show that he lied about everything.

All I can say is GO NADER !!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back