Anti-Censorship Rant

as I am saying, this power was illegal up until recently...it needs to be made illegal again

Well of course it needs to be illegal again...same as companies moving to different countries to save money but thats a different topic we could start? cough cough

Limiting the amount of media any one corporation can own is just one of the many things that needs to be done to fix America and make it the country it was meant to be. Here are a few:

1. Get religion and big business out of government.
2. Abolish the Federal Reserve, disallow foreign control of American banking and reinstate congress as the only body allowed to mint currency. (There is nothing federal about the Federal Reserve. It is a private corporation operated by international bankers)
3. Tax all companies and organizations and reduce tax on the working class.
4. Guarantee free health care for every legal citizen. (America is the only industrialized country in the world that doesn't do this)
5. Legalize prostitution and marijuana. (Healthier than tobacco and alcohol and could be taxed)
6. Do away with all monopolies and encourage not for profit, independent, unbiased media freely accessible to all.
7. Make lobbying illegal. (This is just a nice way of saying bribing)
8. Seriously research and encourage the use of alternative fuels.
9. Get rid of electoral voting and have the popular vote get people in to office.
10. Encourage and educate about abortion and other forms of population control. (There are currently more people on Earth than the planet can sustain)

Put George W. Bush on trial for the following reasons:

Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team with taxpayer money and became the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.

Set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.

Holds the world record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.

Set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market while the members of his cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history.

Appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.

71% of the European population voted Geore W. Bush the single greatest threat to peace and security in the world.

Broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history. He withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law and he's the first President ever to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission. He refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby violating the Geneva Convention and he's the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors during the 2000 U.S. election in which he lost by over half a million votes.

Invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week and is the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation, of which he lied about his reasons and did so against the will of the United Nations and the general world community.

His largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of his best friends, is the CEO of Enron, Kenneth Lay, who presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, and was then protected against investigation and prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating Enron.

All records of his tenure as governor of Texas are sealed. All records of SEC investigations into his insider trading and all his bankrupt companies are sealed and all records of meetings that he and Dick Cheney attended regarding public energy policy are sealed.

I'm at work now glass and can't address your entire post...many of your issues I agree with, many I do not.

for instance, I am in favor of the electorial college...we are a representative democracy, and no concentrated in population region should have controll of the rest of the country...this gives a ballance between the highly populated versus the rural areas...this needs to be a balance in this country

also, as you, I beleive for the most part, monopolies are the ruin of many industries, in some sutuations they are neccessary to develope the product in the first place

as far as legalized prostitution and merijauna;

fist, prostitution is legal in america

it's the states that make it illegal...the central government should not take power away from the local government, and while I think legalized prostitution would solve many issues, including the fact tht it would minimize sex crimes, to me, each state has the right to decide and they have

merijuana...who can find a reason to keep this product illegal while alcohol is not?

anow, religion...it's impossible to get religion entirely out of our government...this is what we are...all we can do is do the best we can, and it will ever be a struggle to do it...as long as religion isn't sanctioned, the battle lines between religion and power are drawn and fought

as far as making lobbying illegal, well I sort of agree...in the current form, it needs to be revisited, and revised, however. it's important for politicians to be pressured to look to issues they are not looking to, and a method for insuring this process has to be kept in place

more to come later

Before someone points it out, I understand the ideas I stated above will probably never happen. I'm not saying they ever will, I'm just saying it would benefit America if they did.

There could be a regular citizen's vote to determine what politicians need to address. This way politicians would be pressured to deal with real issues that relate to the working class instead of doing the bidding of rich corporations. Lobbying is too easily corruptable. Even if a limit is imposed on who can "donate" how much, how would this limit be enforced? It's just as easy to make payoffs under the table via offshore bank accounts and such.

citiszens can't always know issues that need to be addressed...I like the idea of it though, but that wouldn't eliminate the need for some form of lobbyism

So why not have big business make regular reports to politicians on what they feel needs to be done without giving money along with the report?

Perhaps if there was some sort of limited, anonymous donating system, then maybe the rich could support politicians instead of buying them.

Glass said:
So why not have big business make regular reports to politicians on what they feel needs to be done without giving money along with the report?

Perhaps if there was some sort of limited, anonymous donating system, then maybe the rich could support politicians instead of buying them.
I like it

Personally I like the underground and pirate radio of England, which would blunt the force of Clear Channel. However, the FCC carries a big stick and would shut down pirate radio stations unless they carry an FCC license which would have to have major funding (read Corporation.) Thus the problem is really moot as we have an American bureacratic Catch-22 ( Great book,Plug) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back