another one: radeon 9600pro vs GFX5600 256mb

P

pr00fX

I dont know.. you guys are probably sick of all these video card comparisons but i was wondering which of those you would reccommend. There are both about the same price so...whutcha think?

Originally posted by pr00fX
I dont know.. you guys are probably sick of all these video card comparisons but i was wondering which of those you would reccommend. There are both about the same price so...whutcha think?

9600pro outperforms the 5600ultra...

you can check out reviews pretty much anyplace online... though I would stay away from reviews with the 5600ultra and the 44.03 drivers... :) the 44.03's contain 'optimizations' or 'cheats' that artificially inflate scores in 3dmark03... and possibly other benches that use camera angles with a similar POV and methodology (ie. camera on a rail)

hmmm....cheating? that is interesting. it doesnt really matter. I guess I am going to go with the 9600pro anyway. But for a slightly cheaper card how is the GF Ti4200? would it be alright to run until I can save up for a big card(4900ultra or 9800pro256). I want to use it for gaming and i would like it to be decent framerates at 1280x1024.

for the money (around $120), you simply can't beat a gf4 ti4200-8x 128mb. just about anyone will tell you that. they overclock to at least 4400 levels.

Originally posted by taurus
for the money (around $120), you simply can't beat a gf4 ti4200-8x 128mb. just about anyone will tell you that. they overclock to at least 4400 levels.

I agree with you partially, i think the 9500pro is pretty damn good value... and it ruins the Ti's. I won't deny that its a good card, hell no, its a great card... and cheap too, (and like you said) a great overclocker.... but i'd still get the 9500pro... yep... :D

Originally posted by black-syth
I agree with you partially, i think the 9500pro is pretty damn good value... and it ruins the Ti's. I won't deny that its a good card, hell no, its a great card... and cheap too, (and like you said) a great overclocker.... but i'd still get the 9500pro... yep... :D
from what i see, the 9500pro costs about 50% more than the 4200-8x (about $180), so how can you compare? also, the 9600pro is the same price as the 9500pro and is a better performer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back