Another "help me please" question...

jrcairo

OSNN Addict
Before I start I want to thank everybody who will try to help me on this thread, I wont be able to reply until tomorrow (I'm using my neighborhood's computer)... :mad:
Making a long story short, here's my question: is there any other possible problem (other than memory problem) when you turn the computer on and you see the message ""no video display" (or something like this) on the screen?
I already "swap" memory, monitor, video card and hard drive with my neighbored computer and on his computer works fine, but mine I don't see it anything other than this message... :(
Here's my specs:
Mobo INTEL D875PBZLK
Pentium 4 3.0
Ati Radeon 9700PRO
2 sicks of Corsair MB (each) ddr cmx512 3200 MHz
HD Seagate120GB
Once again Thanks!!!!
Have a great week all!!!!

1) do you have onboard video? If so is it disabled in BIOS?
2) Are all fans spinning? Do you hear the harddrives spin up?
3) Sounds like Motherboard or cpu related.

No, I dont have Video on Board
Everything spins or sound fine, The only two things I could not replace was the mobo or the CPU

I tought it was my video card Ihave this video card for almost a year, but I've swaped on my friends computer and it worked fine

O.K. boot and get into BIOS... You can get into BIOS, yes?

Your vid card is AGP?

If so (yeah yeah, some still have PCI vid cards) look in the BIOS settings to make sure that you have AGP enabled and not PCI.

Also pull out vid card and inspect AGP slot for any bent connectors. Also check Minitor connector at vid card for any bent or broken pins.

Interesting though that you get an error message on the screen but it says no video display. Hmmmmmmm...

Now you said you swapped out the vid card and it works on your neighbors computer. Did ya install their's into your computer to see if it works in yours?

gonaads said:
O.K. boot and get into BIOS... You can get into BIOS, yes?

Your vid card is AGP?

If so (yeah yeah, some still have PCI vid cards) look in the BIOS settings to make sure that you have AGP enabled and not PCI.

Also pull out vid card and inspect AGP slot for any bent connectors. Also check Minitor connector at vid card for any bent or broken pins.

Interesting though that you get an error message on the screen but it says no video display. Hmmmmmmm...

Now you said you swapped out the vid card and it works on your neighbors computer. Did ya install their's into your computer to see if it works in yours?

gonaads-

I think what he is seeing is the monitor's "not connected" message. Hence he wouldn't be able to get into the BIOS, well, maybe he could get in, but he couldn't see it.
Also, I'm pretty sure the 9700pro doesn't come in PCI

hate to go to the ovbious but is the monitor ploged into the right connection, and also if the monitor had Dual imput it is on the right one?

also when u turn on the computer, does it beep at all or anything, do the fans power up?

jrcairo said:
when you turn the computer on and you see the message ""no video display" (or something like this) on the screen?
Ok by this statement I take it your actually seeing this error on your screen which means you have some some sort of display (silly errors). So is this a new monitor or a new card by chance or did this error just appear when you went to boot your machine one day? Also have you changed video drivers lately? Also where in the boot process do you get this error msg (after bios, start of windows load, ect)?

Xie said:
Ok by this statement I take it your actually seeing this error on your screen which means you have some some sort of display (silly errors). So is this a new monitor or a new card by chance or did this error just appear when you went to boot your machine one day? Also have you changed video drivers lately? Also where in the boot process do you get this error msg (after bios, start of windows load, ect)?

What I got out of it was that the monitor is on and working but that it is not recieving a signal and thus throwing up a "Video Adapter Not Connected" type error.

I would first try taking your monitor to the neighbor's house and testing it on there. that agp enabled in the bios doesnt really mean anything, it just tells it to look at the agp slot of a video card before the pci slots instead of vice versa. and if the video card wasnt working, the computer would beep. i think i would take your monitor to your neighbor's computer and plug it into his. i think your monitor is messed. I have acutally had that happen twice.

Hi Guys,
I've just got back from work, thank you so much about your replies, lets see if I can answer all:
This setup worked for me fine, I've build this computer myself and it was fine until a couple of months ago when I had to pess the power button twice in order to see anything on the monitor, the first time I pressed, everything would "move" (fans, HD, etc...) but I would not see any video, so I would turn my monitor off and on and I would see the message "no video display" then I would reboot the computer and would be OK...
Saturday I was surfing the net and the computer gave me a Internet Explorer error message, and every time I would open my browser the computer would close and give me the error message, so I tough about rebooting, witch I did, but I never saw the screen again, if wasing for the monitor every ting would "sound" fine!
*No I cant get to BIOS
*Yes My video card is AGP
*I did try my monitor also on my friends computer and it did worked fine
*I only got (in the last month) overheating message twice
*fans power OK (all of them) but I've never heard a beep (even when it was good) :)
*The monitor is about two years old
*changed video drivers last month (Catalyst 4.4 or something)
*It shows before the boot process et this error msg, is kind of what dreamliner77 said "monitor not connected" message.
*The only two things I had not swapped with my Friend is the CPU and the MOBO... should I try????
Once again guys THANKS, any help will be much appreciate
jrcairo

swap cpu. sounds like you fried a tracer on the board.

oHHH! Nooooooo!!! :( I will replace a CPU tonite (believe or not I have an extra one!!!) I will let you guys know!!!
Thanks Again!!!
jrcairo

I wish you luck that you havent fried the mobo and that the new cpu doesnt get fried by it, this happened to someone waaaay back in the history of these boards, he kept replacing the cpu and mobo and each would fry the other in turn.

Oh! Gosh, so do you think I should buy a new MOBO so I could use with my spare CPU???

its just a warning of what could happen, but I have only ever seen it happen to that one guy, but it happened to him like 3 or 4 times in a row

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back