• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Another Dumb Question

M

ModestCargo

My friend also wants to overclock - he has 750 MHz AMD Duron with 64MB of RAM. What is safe for this?

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
With todays chip speeds theres very little gain in overclocking. So you get a few more frames in Quake 3 ( not that you would ever notice in playing the game). In applications you really cant see the difference.

I have an XP 1600. If I managed a 10% overclock ( which most of the time is all thats realistic) I'd have the equivalant of an XP 1700. WOW!!!

If you want to overclock higher than that then you have to start buying exoctic coolers, more fans etc. By the time you've paid for this lot you might as well have bought a new chip.

M

ModestCargo

That's all okay, but I want to know HOW to overclock. And also, check out my CPU speed, it's nothing to marvel at. 500 MHz.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I have never even given overclocking a thought. I'm happy with the speed I have and it's stable, too.

I know, you don't care.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix