Another delay for Longhorn ?

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
U.S. District Court GRANTED Alacritech’s MOTION FOR PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION to prevent Microsoft Corporation (Nasdaq: MSFT) from making, using, offering for sale, selling, importing or inducing others to use Microsoft’s “Chimney” TCP offload architecture slated to be available in both the “Longhorn” version of the Windows® operating system and in the Scalable Networking Pack for Windows Server™ 2003.

Microsoft hit with patent injunction today

Looks like some one else just trying to get money. I wish it would stop.

well if they are talking about it being prevented for release in server 2003, then I reckon it is something they can easily hold on to until the TCP offload architecture (oh right :eek:) is more accepted, or the barmat with those words is found so the patent can be verified.

Offloads the TCP protocol stack to a Network Interface Card for better network performance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back