Another CD-RW Problem

G

Gutty2002

Hi,

I just installed WinXP and now my LiteOn CD-RW drive doesn't work properly.
It's my only cd-rom device and now when I put a cd in the drive it does not
read it. Then after a few seconds the cd drive opens again.

I checked on the Microsoft website and XP does support the device, and I
have the latest drivers installed.

Any ideas?

What software did you install? Nero or clone cd? retrace your steps. When did it stop working?

What I did was install WinXP, then I placed a CD in the drive to install a program but it did not read the CD. So I tried a few others...and the same thing.

I would install nero, if I could ;) so I don't have nero or any other burn software installed...just the o/s

Originally posted by Gutty2002
What I did was install WinXP, then I placed a CD in the drive to install a program but it did not read the CD. So I tried a few others...and the same thing.

I would install nero, if I could ;) so I don't have nero or any other burn software installed...just the o/s

VIA chipset? If so try the 4in1 drivers

Sorry for my ignorance...what is VIA chipset?

windows just auto-detects the drive when i install xp

MOtherboard is Intel 845 AGPset.

Model: GA-8IDX P4 Titan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back