Another Admin password problem

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political Access
Ok I've received this compaq laptop from my sister in law, where she forgot her admin password.

I've reset the password to the system, however some idiot at Best buy set up an admin account as well as a guest account.

So now that the password is reset I cannot log in to either as they are both blank.

I have tried resetting it using ERdcommander, but it is still an issue.

any ideas?

first thing I used... the password is now blank, but I cannot login with a blank password.

All the passwords have been blanked, but I cannot get past the login screen either the xp or the classic.

falconguard, first try and log in as administrator and password as blank if that doesn't work, use that program again, but this time instead of leaving the password blank make it "password", this worked for me.

The program won't let me reset a blank password...

I've already been there...so far nothing else is working.

bookmarked that, I will try that tomorrow, thanks.

Have you tried winternals. My first choice.

If that does not work, and you want to risk it try Austrumi V1.2, V0.9 left one or 3 accounts I was playing with corrupted.

Winternals was a no go. Actually I used winternals after the nordahl...still no luck. I am really thinking of just setting this back to factory settings.

falconguard you need to go back and really look at what you are doing in that program... because i did the same as you set a blank password and at first it did not work, so i went back in and set the password as "password".

Falcon, i am telling you it works, you just have to make sure you are following all the steps correctly. This is pretty much the only way out of your situation, not much else works unless you're an uber programmer...

I don't want to keep on harping on about it, but i had to do it about 4 times before it worked, and i only had to do that because i was doing something wrong... i.e. not following the instructions well enough.

I have used the program before and am pretty comfortable with it. So not knowing what to do is not an issue...The password has been blanked, and now I cannot reset a blank password. Winternals was no help as it has done nothing either. Like I said before I am leaning to setting the machine back to factory settings, I was just hoping that someone else had something out there that I did not try.

Thanks

so when you go to log in as adminsitrator, did you just type administrator (user) and then press enter?

I've done that, still can't get past the login, even if I hit ctl-alt-del and go to the classical login.

i don't suppose you have an external 2.5" drive enclosure, they are like $20 online...

or just do an install over the lock xp, this should work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back