Annoying mp3-file context menu

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
Hi all,

How do I remove the contextmenu items on my mp3 files?
I'm talking about the WMP10 context menu items only, beeing:

Add to now playing list
Add to sync list
Add to burn list
Add to play list...
Play with media player

I only want to keep Play (winamp) and Enqueue in Winamp

Tried searching the registry for those items, but search comes back without results... I'm guessing the items would be located in the CLID's in the registry, but I don't know which ones...

Thnx

Grtz

Lukas

I've uploaded a ZIP file containing a .reg file. Double-click it to remove the context menu entries :)
http://netryder.osnn.net/WMP10context.zip

This is what it contains:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

;[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CE3FB1D1-02AE-4a5f-A6E9-D9F1B4073E6C}]
;="WMP Play As Playlist Launcher"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F1B9284F-E9DC-4e68-9D7E-42362A59F0FD}]
;="WMP Add To Playlist Launcher"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{8DD448E6-C188-4aed-AF92-44956194EB1F}]
;="WMP Burn Audio CD Launcher"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7D4734E6-047E-41e2-AEAA-E763B4739DC4}]
;="WMP Play Folder As Playlist Launcher"

Hey man, thnx!

How did you know which CLSID's to look @?

'Play in Media Player' is still in the context menu, but I can live with that... :D

Rep points added.

Lukas

Wtf?

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NetRyder again."

Someone please give NetRider some rep points. Thnx.

NetRyder said:
I've uploaded a ZIP file containing a .reg file. Double-click it to remove the context menu entries :)
http://netryder.osnn.net/WMP10context.zip

This is what it contains:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

;[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CE3FB1D1-02AE-4a5f-A6E9-D9F1B4073E6C}]
;="WMP Play As Playlist Launcher"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F1B9284F-E9DC-4e68-9D7E-42362A59F0FD}]
;="WMP Add To Playlist Launcher"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{8DD448E6-C188-4aed-AF92-44956194EB1F}]
;="WMP Burn Audio CD Launcher"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7D4734E6-047E-41e2-AEAA-E763B4739DC4}]
;="WMP Play Folder As Playlist Launcher"

Small edit needed.

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CE3FB1D1-02AE-4a5f-A6E9-D9F1B4073E6C}] is commented out with a ;

Remove the ; and you should be all set.

Ok. I'm posting a follow up incase anyone had some of the issues I had.

I originally wanted to remove a bunch of stuff from the context menu. Found this post. Removed the keys with the reg file that is posted above. I noticed (like someone above also) that 'Play in Media Player' still remained. I ended up deleting it (I think what happens when you uncomment the first line like my other post reads). What happenes is, that is the equivelant the 'Play' option in the context menu for WMP. As a result when the file was set to Open Always With WMP the context menu didn't have the Play opion only the Open With option. So everytime trying to open a mpeg resulted in the windows Open With screen. It would work fine if you associate the file with something other then WMP.

It appears that winamp (best guess) or some other program when it adds its entries to the context menu it changes 'Play' to 'Play with Meida Player' to distinguish it from the new addition ('Play with Winamp'). As a result you prob don't want to get rid of it.

I got rid of it. And here are some ways to return it to normal.
1) Associate the files with IE. IE recognizes that it really should be WMP and sends it there. This is just a work around
2) Reinstall WMP. As a result it rewrites all it's registry keys. (Including the ones you don't want). But at least this time it just reads 'Play' and not 'Play with Media Player'. Run the above registry script above and you should be all set.

:)

Again, I don't know if uncommenting the first line is where I went wrong and caused this because I was editing my Registry all day. But I think it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back