• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Annoying Internet Explorer sound.

Ok
I have XP SP2. IE is upgraded to the latest version. I have all the windows sound scheme set at "no sounds". So here is the problem..

My work has a ticketing system for help deks cases. It auto refreshes after a few mins. Each time it refreshes it makes a CLICK sound. It is extremelly annoying. I have searched for *.WAV and listened to EVERY wav file and it is not there. I cannot give out the website for my ticketing system as it requirres a username and password however http://www.mininova.org/ is one website that also does this. I do not know if site is allowed to be posted here but it is only an example of what type of sound i am getting. Load the website and let it run in the background and after a few mins you will hear the CLICK when it refrehses. so how do i turn this off ???

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
start.wav is the file that plays the click sound. You could try browsing for the file and deleting it to see if that resolves the problem.

xtweaker

Tweaking Monkey
Make sure that in the Sound options, under the Windows Explorer section of the Program events window, you don't have "Complete Navigation" enabled with a sound.

Even with the no sounds schemes, it comes back after an update of IE... I've seen this before.

Attachments

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
turn of mic and use windows wav recorder to record a blip of nothing. then replace the start.wav file with it.

xtweaker

Tweaking Monkey
Damn you guys are complicating it all.... record a new sound and replace teh file? The problem is oviously somewhere else. I'm sure it's what I said it is... I've seen it happen already.

In any case, if that doesn't work, I'd look more for a registry value to change than a sound to re-record... come on. That's like using duck tape! Not very techy-like... lol

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
All you would have had to do is go into sounds then under the heading Windows Explorer set Start Navigation to none.

But your way works as well. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn