OSNN Fanatic.
Sup guyz !

few days ago i'v started to receive strange helkern attack messages
from my antivirus (Kaspersky AV5.0.212) see the pic below >
helkern6lv.jpg

i'v tried to find the damn patches / hot fixes against this kind of attack
but didnt found ... the security websites wrote that this attack made by
the SQL.SLAMMER worm but i found that only MYSQL server been attacked
but this worm.. so why the hell im being attacked evry half hour ?

please i really need your help !

-Cen0x

what's karpersky AV??? never heard of it, if that program can't remove it then try a better av program, if you want a free one i'd go with AVG it's good and might do the trick for you

FishBoy said:
what's karpersky AV??? never heard of it, if that program can't remove it then try a better av program, if you want a free one i'd go with AVG it's good and might do the trick for you

thx for the advise bro.. but i'v tried to scan my whole system with AVG Free ver.7 and NOD32 with updated database .. and no results..
this kind of attack doesnt seems to be a virus or a trojan in my computer..
it's a network attack as you can see...
the quastion is how can i get rid of this attacks they'r very annoying almost evry
half hour im receiving them..during games and other stuff im working with..

xsivforce said:
You said you did the patches. Just in case it wasn't this one I'll post it.
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/Release.asp?ReleaseID=40602

If nothing else, turn off notifications and alerts, the firewall is doing its job as it is telling you that the attack was "repelled".

Yeah you right xsivforce. its really telling me that the attack was repelled
i'll follow your suggestion i'll turn off the notifications Thanks Bro !!! :up:

omg lol man it seems that you've tried everything, haha each time we give you something you already tried it... oo oo i have one did you try manual detection/deletion :D

tdinc said:
Here is some more info about your problem.....

http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruslist.html?id=59159

hope this sheds some more light on the matter :)

oh yea, try this program...its good for 30 days and it does work extremely well if your have a worm that your anti-virus does not catch.... :up:
http://www.moosoft.com/

Hey tdinc, you gave me the same article that perris gave me only the webpage is not the same ... they'r still talkin' about MS SQL Server 2000 wich is NOT my system... and im not running this Sever on my machine.. anyway xsivforce gave me a good advise about turning off the notifications cuz the AV repelling the attack allways.. :)

EDIT : ohh you posted it after i posted the reply hehe.. ill try this out thanks.

FishBoy said:
omg lol man it seems that you've tried everything, haha each time we give you something you already tried it... oo oo i have one did you try manual detection/deletion :D

lol fishboy nice advise !!! i will try this gonna check all my system file by file scan by scan !

Total: 302,421 Files

EDIT : Sorry for the double post : )

Kaspersky AV is one of the top 3 AV scanners, the screenshot is telling you its protected the PC from an external attack, scanning the files is not going to achieve anything at all whatsoever :D

So save yourself some time and dont bother.

anything at all whatsoever

triple redundant;

"anything" stands alone

"at all" stands alone

"whatsoever" stands alone

(I'm bored, and can't think of anything to do but pick on you)

FishBoy said:
what's karpersky AV??? never heard of it, if that program can't remove it then try a better av program

It's called Kaspersky Anti Virus. Just because you have not heard of it does not mean it's not a excellent product. KAV is one of the best AVs on the market in terms of detection and removal, that is statistical fact something you will see if you read the test result threads in this section. Perhaps next time you hear someone talking about KAV, you wont point them to AVG, one of the worst performers statistically (in no way AVG bashing, it is a excellent product).

Cen0x, as you have already noticed this is a network attack. As the two posters above have said, it's purely informational. Relax, your fine :)

Enyo said:
It's called Kaspersky Anti Virus. Just because you have not heard of it does not mean it's not a excellent product. KAV is one of the best AVs on the market in terms of detection and removal, that is statistical fact something you will see if you read the test result threads in this section. Perhaps next time you hear someone talking about KAV, you wont point them to AVG, one of the worst performers statistically (in no way AVG bashing, it is a excellent product).

Cen0x, as you have already noticed this is a network attack. As the two posters above have said, it's purely informational. Relax, your fine :)

yeah thanks and i know that KAV is one of the best AV scanners on the market
that's why i bought it for 35 $ !!!

I’m not sure about this as this is the message usually from Kaspersky firewall, never seen from the AV product which I have used now for about a year.

Helkern attacks on my machine have been ignored by me as I get about ten a day but suspect they are false positives. They are detected by Kaspersky Anti Hacker firewall and not Kasperskey AV. All are always “successfully repulsed” so I would not worry about them.

:) :) :)

dave holbon said:
They are detected by Kaspersky Anti Hacker firewall and not Kasperskey AV. All are always “successfully repulsed” so I would not worry about them.

:) :) :)

With the release of the latest KAV personal edition they included some network safety features which can be optionally installed [by default they are] when you update/install KAV. I'd assume they are taken originally from their Anti-Hacker software.

I didn't need these extra features to begin with and when I did install them it killed my connection to the net and I never did find a work-around. I guess it just doesn't agree with my Intel PRO/100M NIC. I uninstalled KAV and re-installed without the network protection and everything went back to normal.

In short, as has been stated already, KAV is an excellent AV and has been well-known for at least 6 years [that's when I first started using it].

rotjong

Please state the version of Kaspersky AV you are using and the product description.
:) :)

Perris lighten up, he's from England and they talk funny over there. (I've been shopping all day and am too tired to do anything worth while...)

dave holbon said:
Please state the version of Kaspersky AV you are using and the product description.
:) :)

The network detection/protection stuff was added in KAV Personal 5.0.227 and was not there in the prior release (5.0.156).

It would appear that there is an incompatibility between Sygate firewall and what KAV installs for the network protection. Just don't install the network protection aspect of KAV if you use Sygate.

KAV Personal 5.0.227 release notes: http://downloads1.kaspersky-labs.com/products/release/english/homeuser/kavpersonal/release_notes.htm
KAV Personal product webpage: http://www.kaspersky.com/personal

rotjong

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back