Anne - Little Britain

well, I'm depressed, that is the state of British humor... :eek:

HMMmm speaking of British humour - I watched "Teachers" last night and have to say it made me LOL a few times, so things cannot be all bad - cheer up falconguard! :p

^^ Have to agree there Punk this series especially I was not impressed by at all and have actually stopped watching it. As for Little Britain I am personally a big fan, and I you watch it you will soon realise sketches like the "Anne" one are tongue-in-cheek, as there is actually nothing wrong with the Anne character as he shows by speaking and behaving normally each time he receives a phone call, on his mobile.

The stuff "Anne" does in series 2 is just wrong.

Hmmmm well anyway at the end of the day my sister is a fully qualified Mental Health nurse and nobody I know laughs harder than her, especially the sketch with the duck pond......
Still I think the point with the sketches its like the Lou & Andy sketches, these peoplehave nothing "wrong" with them they mearly behave the way they do because they can, hence the joke thats my angle on it anyway.

<oh and off topic (your sig reminded me) cracked out "The Double Album" the other day man I am sure it don't age its like the PvD albums they never seem to age either>

Lou & Andy are funny,especially when Andy climbed a tree and said "I fell" .Vicky Pollards Jamaican accent in the last episode was hilarious :D

Electronic Punk said:
Teachers season 1 and 2 were the best :eek:
Is that the programme where a female teacher stuffs her face so that she wins a beer contest for being the fattest/most over-weight person?

Another way to look at Little Britain is that the humour is supposed to be anarchic and way over the top - at least thats the way I see it - so although there are some demeaning sketches and vile ones (like the Bittie sketches, or the "We are real ladies" sketches) they are too over the top to be really offensive.

The "vomit" one involving different types of jams is my favourite so far.

Anyone in england can become prime minister in england as long as they have a degree and aren't black.

Stuff like that, I know its mean't to be a joke and is very funny, but I am suprised there has never been any complaints :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back