Anew web site, with a different aspect =)

03bigMark03

Hiya all.

I’m thinking of redesigning my web site at www.mark-buxton.co.uk . The reason being is that I’m board with the “internet stuff” thing and I’m currently thinking a long the lines of creating a site that documents all the stuff I’m using as tools.

For example if I change a piece of hardware ill sort of make a section and document what I’ve been doing. This will be a good point for me as I would be able to look back on my projects in the future and remember how I did them and stuff.

I think it’s a good idea because it’s something I hopefully won’t get board of. The thing is though; I would like to give my site a whole different aspect as to what it is now. I currently have used Post Nuke, PHP-Nuke and normal HTML/Java etc for the site. I’m sure there’s other template systems out there that are versatile to give your site an extra special feel to it.

If you know of any interesting templates, either free or cheap (I’m always on a budget being a teenager) then please mention them here or your experiences with them. I’m not to keen on coding flat out because I only know some basic (and I mean basic) stuff about PHP/MySQL etc.

So from what I’m saying just give me some feedback on my ideas as I want to build a site that means something to me and also my friends who are interested in this kind of stuff.

Also can you mention any free flash packages and a really good graphics packages. I have Paint Shop Pro but that isn’t all that brilliant to Photoshop.

LOL. Explain.... Just nocked up a new under construction page. What do you think of the theme. Image was created in PSP.

I would say make the image bigger so that it doesnt look so much like an image you just threw in there, so that you arent clipping the flare stuff

Hiya all. Cheers geffy for your help on Gapman. It's the first ever time i've used it and invision power board is very cool to. Trouble is I need to think of a decent name to build the site. Do you have any suggestions.

A few that have just popped into my head ;)

Bucko.Archive
Hardware.Software@Buckos|-|ouse
Bucko's <StuFF>

It's quiet late a night. Just think of a good name.

Here is the development site.

www.potton-delph.com/bucko

Now I need to devlope logo ideas once i've devised a name

Did a bit of moding to the theme. Obviously I need to create a new logo but crap at that. Anyone? Still haven't decided on the name yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back