Analog X proxy

J

Joel526

I just got three copies of the same spam on a Netzero account apparently through open AnalogX proxies on GTE/Verizon in Washington State, PacBell in California and Sony Networks in Japan.

It seems that with the default installation you get to provide an open Socks 4 and Socks 5 (no UDP) proxy on port 1080, and an open HTTP (including CONNECT, GET URL, POST URL, et alia) proxy on port 6588.

This seems like a great little toy.

Not for the people who install it.

If its set up properly then its not a problem.

Its the same as any proxy server you have to configure the host system to hold it securely, in the case of the AnalogX Proxy you should setup firewall rules to allow access for those systems which need it and no others. Added to that you should use only the modes you require.

Its only a simple proxy so i guess less capable users are going to install it and cause problems for the rest of us but its not the product that is to blame.

Proxys will always be abuse prone if in the wrong hands :(

I guess you know this however but as i say dont go attacking the specifc products because AnalogX freeware tools are some of the best, its wrong to knock them! :)

I agree Enyo... AnalogX have made some awesome apps... and at the end of the day... they're free, so other people have dedicated a lot of time to save others money. Its entirely upto the if you choose to use their programs or not.

But like Enyo said... a proxy is only as secure as the rules set upon it... same as with a firewall.

It's all very well having zonealarm installed, but if you've just allowed subseven.exe full access to the net... then you're doomed :/

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back