An XP Horror Story?

T

TechTodd

A Horror Story?
I recently was presented on boot with a black screen message that said that windows has halted because the file hal.dll is missing or corrupt. Replace the file and restart windows.I had just
installed a welcome screen and wanted to see it so i rebooted. I ended up just popping in the CD, and reinstalling windows and repaired the installation, and when it rebooted, all the users were there, the pictures were right. My password was accepted, and my wallpaper popped up, my messenger logged in and told me that i had 6 new email messages. What the Hell is going on here?? IT WORKED!!!! i crashed my windows, and i can reinstall my os and every thing doesn't have to be reinstalled?? Wow, very nice touch. Almost takes the pain out of reinstalling, or maybe i was just lucky?

sometimes reinstalling helps....... sometimes it doesnt. but glad it did!

yeah. I've used Repair installation once, but it was horrible. My page file could not be set (kept staying at 0, so my computer was slow as hell, nothing helped), so I had to reinstall.

yup using repair installation can be a god saver sometimes, if it can tell that there is a easy reason behind the system not working such as a missing system file, it just pops it in and sets everything right :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back