an MSI or ASUS mobo for intel chip plz help!

Dan04

OSNN Addict
Hi Everyone,

Im in a bit of trouble here i can get either a MSI 875P NEO-FISR (MS-6758)
or a ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe which would be the better mobo and the ram i am planning to use on them are 2x Kingmax "MPXC22D-38KT3R"

ive noticed that in the reccommended ram for the asus 1 my ram is listed but for the msi its not would it still work?

any info recieved is appreciated

Well I've used an ASUS board great board other then mine is outdated and the ram is expensive. MSI are good to as I know a friend who has one. As for the ram yes it should work with the MSI board but if your tha worried about it get the ASUS which lists it as working

i have the p4c800-e Deluxe and im quite impressed. Great on Overclocks and rock solid stable. Do you plan on overclocking?

If your not into overclocking spend a little more and get an Intel motherboard as you will get as ToronadoXP said rock solid stable system

if it cant be an intel board than asus. they are the best i have seen for intel chipsets except fot intel. if i may ask tho, what chipset are you looking at?

Well based on the info they supplied the MSI board is the I875 chipset

Still need help plz!

thanks for all your replies, i think i will get the asus p4c800-e deluxe mobo :) but i still cant make up my mind wether to get an intel 3ghz pc or an AMD Athlon 64 3200 based PC

Which one would be good?

and if its the AMD Athlon 64 through a wholesaler i can get a Asus K8V-Deluxe, is there any known problems with the new amd 64 related hardware or is it safe to use?

good job for picking the asus, also msi is a great company from my experiance with other peoples machines :p. never buy intel motherboards they are the worst!

Yeh good ol Asus hehe only thing they need to improve are there drivers for the onboard 3com and responding to emails lol, other wise they make good motherboards, just a pity they suk in other areas lol but i spose u cant have everything ;) but yeh what about my question about AMD 64's :p ;)

Well that depends on what you plan on doing as there is almost no 64 software out there at the present time. if your going to use cad and type of stuff then sure get an AMD 64 chip but otherwise wait. Again its up to you but I would sugest base your choice off what you are going to with the system. Or in simiple terms don't buy if have no need for it

themafia_69 said:
good job for picking the asus, also msi is a great company from my experiance with other peoples machines :p. never buy intel motherboards they are the worst!

intel boards have the best stability and some of the best stock performance... I dunno why they would be considered the worst?

:)

Dan04 said:
thanks for all your replies, i think i will get the asus p4c800-e deluxe mobo :) but i still cant make up my mind wether to get an intel 3ghz pc or an AMD Athlon 64 3200 based PC

Which one would be good?

and if its the AMD Athlon 64 through a wholesaler i can get a Asus K8V-Deluxe, is there any known problems with the new amd 64 related hardware or is it safe to use?

a64's are excellent cpu's.. I sold my 3.0c/msi 865pe (no difference between in and the 875 coz both have PAT enabled.. just different names) and got this setup...

the a64's run 32bit apps as fast or faster than anything intel has to offer currently...

Thanks for all your replies

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your replies i think i will just stick with getting another Intel as well AMD's are known to be hot and even though they are cheaper compared to Intels by the time you got the cooling right youve spent more money than what you would on a Intel system, well thats my thoughts with AMD since i have had a few before that and to allow the 64bit CPU and Mobo to "mature" for whatever else they may have to fix in the future.

once again thank you all very much for your input :)

Dan04 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your replies i think i will just stick with getting another Intel as well AMD's are known to be hot and even though they are cheaper compared to Intels by the time you got the cooling right youve spent more money than what you would on a Intel system, well thats my thoughts with AMD since i have had a few before that and to allow the 64bit CPU and Mobo to "mature" for whatever else they may have to fix in the future.

once again thank you all very much for your input :)

the whole thing bout amd running hotter than intel is a myth now :)

might have been true back in the day when you were comparing the throughbred A v/s intel's solution...

not today... if anything intel runs hotter than amd :cool:

plus you get better performance/price ratio with amd @ the moment...

yeh intels do run hot if u get that crappy new supposedly better presscott but ill think ill wait for the athlon 64 hardware to mature a bit to fix up any bugs they may have as my luck with anything is as much research i do on something i end up having troubles lol

Actually, Dan... if you check out the thermal output (in Watts) of the 3.0C vs the A64 3000+, I do believe the A64 has a lower thermal output. Admittedly, it might be prudent to wait for the Newcastle core A64's becaue then the A64's will have dual channel memory controllers as opposed to the current single-channel configuration. I do also agree that the Price/Performance ratio leans heavily in favor of the Athlon64's. HardOCP has numerous reviews of the various A64's and they've been nothing but impressed (especially so about the 3000+). Yes, I do love AMD, no I'm not an AMD fanboy... If it was my money, I'd go with the Abit KV8-MAX3 + Athlon64 3000+. Check out HardOCP's review of the KV8-MAX3.. all I can say is WOW... 8 USB 2.0, 6 SATA, OTES, gigabit LAN, firewire... good stuff... http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTM5 .
for the Asus equivalent (Asus K8V-Deluxe).. One other difference I noticed... The Abit uses the Silicon Image SATA controller, whereas the Asus uses the Promise controller. Both are great boards and the benchmarks are really too close to call.

thanks for all the info, i only just got to day an athlon 64 mobo i got a msi k8t neo fis2r as one of my mates got one with a 3400+ chip and it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

woohooo our own lil area hehe, oh yes with the msi mobo it already has 1.2 but when newer bios's come out which is the best way to update it as its something i obviously dont wanna stuff up and like all mobo sites their notes are for all mobos which is not always the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back