AMX Certified!!!

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
Hey guys, it probably won't mean anything to most of you but for those of you who are interested in Audio Visual...

You are reading the post of one of the newest AMX Certified individuals in the following:

AMX Certified Expert Designer

AMX Certified Expert Installer

and soon (June timeframe)

ACE Programmer... :laugh: See: http://www.amx.com/Default.asp for more info on AMX

I am now on eBay looking for an AMX control system for cheap to control my house!!

Pinky let us take over the world!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Mike A!

Last edited:
Re: AMX Certufied!!!

Hey guys, it probably won't mean anything to most of you
Yeah cause I have no idea what that involves but congrats anyway :laugh:

This probably won't mean anything to most of you either but you are reading the post of a newly qualified Nursery Nurse :smoker:

This probably won't mean anythign to anyone either but I need to get laid. And congratulations to you both. Now who wants to get in the sheets?

Congratulations to both of you.

This probably won't mean anythign to anyone either but I need to get laid. And congratulations to you both. Now who wants to get in the sheets?
Great post +++++

April in May?

Thanks everyone... even Steevo for the odd but comical hi-jacking... :D

Also can someone PLEASE correct the thread title for me?

Thanks!

Fixed - keep in mind if you start the thread you can edit the title.

Fixed - keep in mind if you start the thread you can edit the title.

I don't think that's the case actually.. you can edit the title of the first post, but I don't think that changes the original title of the whole thread..

Could be wrong.. can someone test it out?

UPDATE!!!!

I got laid. It was good, not great, but a nooner beats lunch and no dessert.

Thank you all for your support.

Very cool, Mike! I did A/V installation for a year and we used some AMX touch-panel control systems in classrooms and in a couple of home theaters. One of the guys I worked with programmed them, though I don't remember if he was completely certified or not. I do know he went to some classes on it.

I'd love to get myself a control system for the house if I knew how to program it. Maybe I'll have to find one for cheap as well and send it your way with the info on my components. ;)

Very cool, Mike! I did A/V installation for a year and we used some AMX touch-panel control systems in classrooms and in a couple of home theaters. One of the guys I worked with programmed them, though I don't remember if he was completely certified or not. I do know he went to some classes on it.

I'd love to get myself a control system for the house if I knew how to program it. Maybe I'll have to find one for cheap as well and send it your way with the info on my components. ;)

I would love too... I need to get the practical experience... I just dont know about spending the THOUSANDS needed to have a digital touchpanel for a home system...

If you ever decide to do it... hit me up!

At Steevo... go to the cabinet... take out your meds.. and take all of the ones you are supposed to take today WHOLE, do NOT I repeat do NOT cut them in half... :laugh: :eek: :lick:

Mike A!

R U Still sore Saz?

Mike, what does a system cost?

R U Still sore Saz?

Mike, what does a system cost?

There is no set answer...

A full system would need:

1 Master controller
1 touch panel (you would need to decide B/W or color and size)
A system log of all devices to be controlled... Remember an AMX system can control anything with a RS-232,422 or 485 protocol to include your HVAC, doorbell, garage door openers, Lights, powered shades, Alarm system, PC's pretty much any device which has an RS, IR, or RF port...
Plus programming costs...

Thats where I can save someone alot of loot... because I am just learning I would be willing to do it for materials cost plus shipping and a little extra for my effort in programming...

Got to learn somehow right?

I will use my home system as a baseline...

If I were to setup my home with a system containing the following:
NI-2100 controller MSRP: $1,750
7 inch Modero Touch panel MSRP: $2,880
AMX power supply MSRP Approx $200
Programming for TP and to control the following:
DVR, DVD player, TV
Programming normally runs approx 4 hours for a simple system at approx $150 per hour for a total of $600

GRAND TOTAL= 5430

Keep in mind this is to control only the three items I listed above and to program the touch panel... all the prices are at MSRP also, it is up to the dealer as to how much of a discount he/she is going to give you for the equipment

Also, the amount of programming is directly correlated to the person and their likes and/or dislikes of the GUI interface on the touch panel... so a less picky person could reasonably expect to pay less... if they went with a default touch panel look...

Each subsequent installation of similar equipment would be less and less for the amount of programming because you can make a module for each device and associate it with future projects... :laugh:

Hope this all makes sense... I know this seems expensive, but think how much easier it would be to control all your devices with one much easier to read touch panel rather than a universal remote which is not so universal after all?? :lick:

Mike A!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back