America's Army 2.0a - LAG?

Ci2e

XPert
While playing on even a low ping server lets say its map Mout Mkenna. My friend claims he walks to objectives at the beginning of the round and then is warped back to where he just previously walked and it happens 3 times in a row at times. Just wondering if anyone knows what the problem is and how we can resolve this lag issue. It makes the game unplayable. It's not always like this in the mornings he's told me he has a blast playing and there is no lag. Me personally think it is his isp but he has contacted them numerous times and its just plain rediculous they say he has a wonderful connection yet they can't see packet loss or obviously ignore it. Someone please give me some insight here!

What kind of connection does he have? I have noticed if it's not a beefy server (like Army official) using some serious bandwidth, anything over 16 people can have symptoms like you describe. I recall numerous times I jump around and get warped back to where I was previously standing. Some servers are just junk.

He is on a Turbo DSL which is 768/384 soon he should have 1.5/768 and Feb 21, 2004 everyone on DSL should be getting 3/1.5 I think having faster internet would help, but as you said some servers are crap.

768/384 is more than adequate for AA -- good servers are just few and far between.

I play on a server for about an hour and it runs good with a little lag here and there, but then all the sudden it will start lagging really bad like I explained before. Is this a server problem or internet service provider problem?

Just a server problem as more clients connect to it. I have the same problem sometimes, is perfect for hours but then maybe some net congestion causes it to drop a few clients or crash all together.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back