America's Army 2.0a - LAG?

While playing on even a low ping server lets say its map Mout Mkenna. My friend claims he walks to objectives at the beginning of the round and then is warped back to where he just previously walked and it happens 3 times in a row at times. Just wondering if anyone knows what the problem is and how we can resolve this lag issue. It makes the game unplayable. It's not always like this in the mornings he's told me he has a blast playing and there is no lag. Me personally think it is his isp but he has contacted them numerous times and its just plain rediculous they say he has a wonderful connection yet they can't see packet loss or obviously ignore it. Someone please give me some insight here!

devynal

The Idiot Circus Boy
What kind of connection does he have? I have noticed if it's not a beefy server (like Army official) using some serious bandwidth, anything over 16 people can have symptoms like you describe. I recall numerous times I jump around and get warped back to where I was previously standing. Some servers are just junk.

He is on a Turbo DSL which is 768/384 soon he should have 1.5/768 and Feb 21, 2004 everyone on DSL should be getting 3/1.5 I think having faster internet would help, but as you said some servers are crap.

I play on a server for about an hour and it runs good with a little lag here and there, but then all the sudden it will start lagging really bad like I explained before. Is this a server problem or internet service provider problem?

devynal

The Idiot Circus Boy
Just a server problem as more clients connect to it. I have the same problem sometimes, is perfect for hours but then maybe some net congestion causes it to drop a few clients or crash all together.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks