• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AMD64 vs. P4 EE

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#2
Originally posted by sammy5gs
Check out this linky. If I am reading it right, I believe the P4 EE chip is outperforming the AMD64?

Any thoughts?
the athlon64 holds its own even with a 1ghz difference in clocks... very very well... and has the lead in several tests and has closed the gap significantly in other previously p4 dominated tests...

where it loses ground is in hte overclocking area... and if you go by this alone you are not really looking @ the big picture :)

the p4 EE is a stop gap while pentium gets out its prescott and other chips ready...
 

2z

OSNN Gamer
#3
the duron did really well :D

nice to see the return of the heat spreader

the naming of AMD chips is still silly
not content with lying about the speed
stealing XP™ from M$
now they steal FX™ from nvidia

and the top of range Athlon costs more than Pentium

not the best way to keep a loyal customer base

:p
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#4
Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
the duron did really well :D

nice to see the return of the heat spreader

the naming of AMD chips is still silly
not content with lying about the speed
stealing XP™ from M$
now they steal FX™ from nvidia

and the top of range Athlon costs more than Pentium

not the best way to keep a loyal customer base

:p
amd never lied about speed... its a rating system they employ corresponding to the performance of a 1ghz athlon processor...

also amd has been working in close conjunction with nvidia therefore it is logical that they take the naming convention from them...

m$ didn't sue them and it is unlikely nvidia will either..

top of the range athlon's cost on average about $150 less than the top of the line pentium 4 pc's @ the moment...

if you REALLY want a ripoff... buy an intel server side chip above a lower priced and obviously more powerful opteron...

the low/mid range processors are far cheaper to use than a similar speed pentium processor... fyi... which is WHY amd still has a decent sized user base...

the old t'breds will be sold as durons IIRC soon... which further enhances amd's low/mid range market... unless you consider the celeron's to be a beacon of light :rolleyes:
 

Krux

Nissan Powered
#5
I plan to get AMD, I wouldn't have it any other way. Intels life span and product cylce are too expensive funny how there all called p4's and yet every new core requires (new pin layout) a new mobo while the xp's do not..... just makes more since in the long run to go with AMD.


I am niether a Intel nor AMD fanboy I just know I'm too poor to buy stuff from a company that changes designes every six months and costs twice as much as AMD. Maybe when I own my skyline I'll have some money to blow on Intel, tell then AMD does fine by me.
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#6
Originally posted by Krux
I plan to get AMD, I wouldn't have it any other way. Intels life span and product cylce are too expensive funny how there all called p4's and yet every new core requires (new pin layout) a new mobo while the xp's do not..... just makes more since in the long run to go with AMD.


I am niether a Intel nor AMD fanboy I just know I'm too poor to buy stuff from a company that changes designes every six months and costs twice as much as AMD. Maybe when I own my skyline I'll have some money to blow on Intel, tell then AMD does fine by me.
FANBOY

:cool:

btw... which skyline ? the new one or the r-34 ?
 

ming

OSNN Advanced
#7
What is it with Intel lately?
They come out with the P4, P4b and recently I heard about the P4c. Now they've released the P4EE?
 

Krux

Nissan Powered
#8
Originally posted by Sazar
FANBOY

:cool:

btw... which skyline ? the new one or the r-34 ?


R34 V-spec II of course :) I'll have to wait and see about the skyline we get.... it looks kinda wierd and there not sure yet if it will have a V8 or a twin turbo inline 6 (skyline engine) I don't know if its AWD either, and it won't carry the Skyline name it will be called GTR and thats it haha :confused:
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#9
Originally posted by Krux
R34 V-spec II of course :) I'll have to wait and see about the skyline we get.... it looks kinda wierd and there not sure yet if it will have a V8 or a twin turbo inline 6 (skyline engine) I don't know if its AWD either, and it won't carry the Skyline name it will be called GTR and thats it haha :confused:
the r-34 TRUE skyline is a 6 with AWD... afaik...

keep me posted man... I might be in cali in jan.. I'll drop by and check out the car :)
 
F

FoSsiL

Guest
#11
man! reading all these review and forum chat make me wanna upgrade my computer. Damn! so much good stuff, not enough green. :(
 

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,962
Messages
673,240
Members
89,017
Latest member
loxioalix