• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AMD64 or celeron?

#1
i am looking for a new cheap laptop to play with for about a month then give to the gf for school. but im debating between a celeron 1.3 or an amd sempon 64? all the other specs are the same. same weight. and everything else is the same except for the processers. im not sure waht one tho

anyone got any imput.

and i am limited to these 2 becaue they are cheap and i work there.
 

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
#4
LeeJend...... it's not that Celeron isn't a game friendly CPU..... it's that it's just flat out not a friendly CPU, period. Celeron's are usually good for just about nothing, except for making a VERY cheap computer. as for my answer it should be obvious. AMD 64
 
#6
does anyone out there have a mobile amd 64bit cip? i know with all the intels except for the centreano. that the more processing the less battery by a lot.

mainly will amd concerve more power on the mobile modles?
 
#7
THere are no mobile athlon or sempron64's available at the moment. Athlon/Sempron64 laptops are using desktop chips, so expect them to be hotter and not as long lasting on the ol' battery.

However you will get awesome processing out of them. Celerons are good for cheap servers...
 
#8
If you want a good balance between speed and battery life, you'll really want to go with the Pentium-M's. They're very speedy processors and the ideal choice for mobile systems. They're not very cheap though.

In your situation, I'd go with the Sempron64 (although the new Celerons aren't half as bad as they used to be). Unless it has a huge battery, don't expect stellar battery life from the thing though.
 
#9
they have 64 bit Semprons? since when?

but yeah i would have to say Semprons are a better option, but i dont think ive seen any lappys with sempron chips, i know anout mobile cellys but not semprons.
 

Kush

High On Life!
#11
yeah i was going to say there arent any, but didnt feel like getting corrected by someone, ohh so its definatly the amd, dont think twice about it
 
#12
themafia.69 said:
yeah i was going to say there arent any, but didnt feel like getting corrected by someone
WIMP!!!! Be a man Maffy!!! This forum has no room for cowards!!

Take me as an example I post stuff even though I know it's wrong! Im not scared of any ##$%#& mod (ahhhh! im sorry Netryder,please dont hurt me, ill be good from now! I promise!) . Do you know what my friends call me? They call me 'Bravehart'!! See how 133t I am. I rule!

So dont be frighttned my son, open up your heart to the world. Be strong, be brave. AND LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...............

ok so I'm bored................
 
#13
definitly amd man better than intel

Elektro Slime said:
WIMP!!!! Be a man Maffy!!! This forum has no room for cowards!!

Take me as an example I post stuff even though I know it's wrong! Im not scared of any ##$%#& mod (ahhhh! im sorry Netryder,please dont hurt me, ill be good from now! I promise!) . Do you know what my friends call me? They call me 'Bravehart'!! See how 133t I am. I rule!

So dont be frighttned my son, open up your heart to the world. Be strong, be brave. AND LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...............

ok so I'm bored................
what the h*** are you on
 
#14
nothing much really.....
been sniffing some kerosine and smoking some lites.

naw... i go crazy on fridays. coz school reopens 2moro and i can never do my homeowrk or study on weekends.
 
#15
But then again Pentium-M's (that's their name if they're not used in the Centrino platform, i.e. if they're not combined with a Centrino certified (Intel) chipset and a Centrino certified (Intel) WLAN card) are MUCH more expensive.

In my experience, Celerons do not have much horsepower... At least not a Celeron Mobile LV (Low Voltage) 2 GHz. Maybe the 2.93 GHz model has an acceptable performance level? I don't know, but Centrino's price/performance ratio can most certainly not beat the ratio of the Sempron, not even the one of the Turion 64. That's right, the mobile variant of the Athlon 64 is the Turion 64! If you can, I'd go for the Turion 64!!!
 
#16
Elektro Slime said:
Take me as an example I post stuff even though I know it's wrong! Im not scared of any ##$%#& mod
Please stop posting BS. Last thing we need is people going off with advice from OSNN and it's dead wrong, and you know it's wrong.
 
#18
ElementalDragon said:
LeeJend...... it's not that Celeron isn't a game friendly CPU..... it's that it's just flat out not a friendly CPU, period. Celeron's are usually good for just about nothing, except for making a VERY cheap computer. as for my answer it should be obvious. AMD 64
Elemental, I stand corrected. :dead: (Actually I was trying to be nice to Intel I've made some money off their stock.)
 
#20
Mastershakes said:
Please stop posting BS. Last thing we need is people going off with advice from OSNN and it's dead wrong, and you know it's wrong.
HUH? Dude do you have like some eye problem? or do you read like only the first few lines on a post? or are you a spammer/flammer whos just trying to increase ur post count?

M8 if you read my post ud know I was just joking around with mafia.69!!! and not trying to brainwash the members with wrong info so they go out and destroy the world or something.....!

Peace..
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,960
Messages
673,237
Members
89,011
Latest member
grovo_test