Amd shoots, scores!!! intel defends

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
muwahahha

in addition, mocrosoft has told intel they are NOT making two different ports, so the intel chip has to look exactly like the amds as far as the os is concerned...NOT going to be propriatory...tee hee

something else pretty darned ironic I've found out from those involved...the section qualifier for .inf files on the amd64 platform is... ".amd64" or ".NTamd64". Intel's are gonna love writing .inf files for those sections aren't they!!

Optional responses by Intel

1). Linux looks really good to us. Let's throw our entire support behind it for adoption for all business desktops.

2). Hmmm, sounds like a Monopolistic action to me. Now where is that DOJ phone number.

3). "No" is just an opening to negotiations.
---How much will a separate port cost us?
---And how much more for you to discontinue the AMD64 version?

bwahaha. Serves intel right for presuming what we do or do not want/need.

LeeJend said:
Optional responses by Intel

1). Linux looks really good to us. Let's throw our entire support behind it for adoption for all business desktops.

2). Hmmm, sounds like a Monopolistic action to me. Now where is that DOJ phone number.

3). "No" is just an opening to negotiations.
---How much will a separate port cost us?
---And how much more for you to discontinue the AMD64 version?

LOL :D

And now the fun begins... So is Intel gonna change their catch phrase to, "AMD64 inside"? :p

Can't wait ta see how it plays out with "Itanic". :D

all intel has to do is license the x86-64 instruction set... thats not too difficult..

amd has been licensing SSE and now SSE2 with its a64 cpus... its only fair that since amd took the lead here... intel follows suit :D although the 600lb gorilla's pen0s will be sore from the kick in the nuts it received... :cool:

Sazar said:
all intel has to do is license the x86-64 instruction set... thats not too difficult..

amd has been licensing SSE and now SSE2 with its a64 cpus... its only fair that since amd took the lead here... intel follows suit :D although the 600lb gorilla's pen0s will be sore from the kick in the nuts it received... :cool:
more like being sore from having to get it's nuts branded amd :D

leedogg said:
more like being sore from having to get it's nuts branded amd :D

*laughs till he tears*

Intel has had it coming. You think they could have learned from 3DFX...

Aaahemmm... *clears throat in a sinister way* :rolleyes:

AMD's a stopp'n right now! I am sure Intel will once again stir a frenzy... ...welcome to the world of PC hardware. Wait till diamonds are used in processors for the masses... all instructions occure at light speed.

Is that when a computer will be a girls best friend? :p

*diamonds are a girls best friend* :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back