AMD Overclocking!!!!!!!!

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
can i just turn up the fsb and multypler setting in the bios to over clock? or do i have to join the bridges???? i now have a spare amd 2000+cpu nad i want to try to over clock because i figured it wont hut me unless i try it,

right now the cpu stock is running at 29C and i got a volcano 9 with ac3 on it so???

Sure try it some cpu's are unlocked ....just go easy a little at a time and run tests after each bump up...... best is to lower ram timing ..bump up the fsb.....and if you crash then start to add voltage to vcore a very little at a time mine I can add .025 volts at a time good luck and watch the temps ;)

The 2000 should be a palomino core if it's an older processor. The palomino's are locked.

If the chip is locked and you try to change the multiplier nothing will happen. You can change the FSB on any chip. A higher FSB may cause vid card or system crashes.

www.tomshardware.com has the detail instructions to bridge the jumpers. Follow the instructions carefully and it works fine.

WARNING. These chips have the organic substarte and the pencil trick does not work. You need to super glue seal the gaps cut into the substrate then bridge the openings with rear window deforgger repair paste (any auto parts store). If you don't seal first the chip will not work after bridging.

Now the bad news. The palomino core design max's out at about XP2100. Don't expect much luck overclcoking it.

AMD had to go to the TBred core to get above the XP2100 limit.

Ya that sounds right for the pal. if you had a Throughbred the multiplier should be unlocked by default in the nforce chipset as mine was. I dont have a need for any outrages clock speed i will keep mine around stock as u see but having the fsb at 200 and the memory running in sync really perked things up. Keeping your memory running in sync with the fsb performs better then running async. Im happy with this its rock solid where i have it now.

Originally posted by ntentz
Ya that sounds right for the pal. if you had a Throughbred the multiplier should be unlocked by default in the nforce chipset as mine was. I dont have a need for any outrages clock speed i will keep mine around stock as u see but having the fsb at 200 and the memory running in sync really perked things up. Keeping your memory running in sync with the fsb performs better then running async. Im happy with this its rock solid where i have it now.

depends on t'bred A or t'bred B...

AFAIk some t'bred B's come unlocked...

bartons too... I think.. not sure since I have not read up on them :)

Some bartons do come unlocked, but only for Small over clocking.

i can only push my 2500+ to 2800+ because the Multiplier wont allow anything higher than 12.5 but i heard that a small mod to the Chip can solve that. :( not too sure though.

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
Some bartons do come unlocked, but only for Small over clocking.

i can only push my 2500+ to 2800+ because the Multiplier wont allow anything higher than 12.5 but i heard that a small mod to the Chip can solve that. :( not too sure though.
your board's bios is what's limiting your multipliers.

If you want to get higher than 2800+ than up your FSB speeds....

I have a 2500+ Barton, and my multiplyer went to 13....

Up the FSB speed to what? im not too sure how To do the FSB overclocking.

You need to crawl up slowley ... like +2 at a time and run tests when it gets unstable then you need to add very small amounts to the vcore to get stable its all by ear all machines are different ;)

+2 what, where is this Multiplier? i see a Memory % menu is that it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back