Amd or Pentium?

NightHawk_450

OSNN Addict
Can anyone help me decide which one is the sucessor??? Some sites tell me misleading facts....I would love to get some feed back from actual users of these two companies....thanks!!!!:)

just do a search in the forums for this, this has been discussed many times here already,

good luck

:cool:

i think he means athlon vs pentium...anyway the athlon xp can leave pentium4 in the dust~there faster and cheaper. the reasons there faster is they have do more cycles per whatever or whatever and yea.....get a amd athlon:D

athlons don't exactly leave pentiums in the dust. i'll admit they're cheaper but if you take the fastest p4 chip against the fastest athlon chip, the p4 will outperform it. obviously this is because the p4 will have a much higher clock speed but that is because intel is making advances in speed quicker than amd. so if u want the fastest chip possible not taking price into consideration go with a p4

I'm sorry JDogg, but that's absolute baloney, test after test, confirms that AMD out performs Intel, sorry.

Originally posted by catch23
Nobody can get this right, can they? AMD is a company, Pentium is a series of processors....you cannot compare the two.

Give it a rest already......:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Iceman38
I'm sorry JDogg, but that's absolute baloney, test after test, confirms that AMD out performs Intel, sorry.

Yea but what kind of dessert do you like?

Banana Moon Pies !!!!!!!!!

Thought you was on vacation?

have fun

I am on vacation...thats why Im on my 15th beer....

Not going AWAY on vacation till next vacation, In 2 weeks :D

Boy are you guys gonna miss me...ROF :p

Originally posted by Iceman38
Banana Moon Pies !!!!!!!!!

Thought you was on vacation?

have fun

And ill be watching while im on vacation.....gotta make sure you guys/gals dont get out of hand biased ;)

i agree that if u compare comptetive chips amd would win (1800+ vs. 1.8 ghz and so on), but if u take intels top of line chip which i believe is a 2.53 ghz p4 with a 533 mhz system bus, against amd's top of the line chip which is a athlon 2200+ as far as i know, the intel chip will perform better because of it's clock speed. i realize that if you took compared a 2200+ to a 2.2 ghz intel chip the athlon would win, but i'm talking about buying the fastest possible chip without considering money. in that case intel makes the fastest chip available.

also it's not necessarily true that amd's always perform better. i'm looking at a test anandtech.com preformed and the p4 2.4 ghz beat the athlon 2100+ in every test except for the 3d studiomax test where they tied. and in some business software tests the p4 2.0 ghz northwood beat the athlon 2100+. in overall performance the p4 2.4 ghz and 2.2 ghz both scored better than the athlon 2100+ which reinforces my previous point, that if u want the fastest processor money can buy, go with a p4

Ahh yes..the age old debate..AMD vs. Intel...well kids, it's never going to end! And that AMD runs at a MUCH slower clock speed...so why can't a processor that's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much faster leave the Athlon in the dust? And one or two points here and there isn't enough to declare a P4 the absolute winner...factor in price and all that good stuff...boast about something other than clock speeds kids...they don't mean a thing these days!

I agree moon pies are good, but what about Fudge Rounds? They're good...:)

i'm not saying that amd is crap or anything, when i buy my next computer i will most definatly be going with an amd chip, but it's not fair to put down intel chips when they might not give you the most bang for you buck, but are still the fastest chips out there.

Originally posted by UofEEE
but what about Fudge Rounds? They're good...:)
But they don't hold a candle to Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls...mmmmmmmm

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back