AMD (Newcastle) Athlon 64bit 3000

IMSO spend a few quid more and get the Winchester if you can afford it - esp. if you plan to overclock - the 90 nm architecture makes them run cooler so they overclock much better... harder to get hold of - but I got a 3500 OK :)

Mainframeguy said:
IMSO spend a few quid more and get the Winchester if you can afford it - esp. if you plan to overclock - the 90 nm architecture makes them run cooler so they overclock much better... harder to get hold of - but I got a 3500 OK :)
yea I agree. I have a newcastle but it gets hot realy fast when you overclock it. I wish I spent a little extra for the winchester.

I have the 3200 Winchester. It's well worth the month. If you really wanna see a processor get hot fast. Try using a P4 Prescott. OUCH. I idle at 60c, and when I turn on Seti as the main program in use. It goes into the 75c+ range.

lol

I'll ask at the Shop tommrow see if he can get one or look around on the Net thx (Y)

ive got the 3000 and havent had any problems. i dont overcllcok but runs smooth and cool.

Mainframeguy said:

Minframe
What board do you use?
I got an Abit AV8 3rd eye for an AMD 64 3500+ 90 nm ,using a desktop PC case,but found it ran too hot to boot.
Probably cos it was built in an old test case before using in a 10 section large tower with better airflow.

Tweakfiend said:
Mainframe
What board do you use?
I got an Abit AV8 3rd eye for an AMD 64 3500+ 90 nm ,using a desktop PC case,but found it ran too hot to boot.
Probably cos it was built in an old test case before using in a 10 section large tower with better airflow.

My full build is mentioned on another thread - the board is an MSI K8N Neo2, but on top of that I used Arctic Silver 5 to apply a Zalman 7000 AlCu and put it in a Nexus Breeze case.....

No real temperature problems for me - probably could overclock, but saving that fun for another day....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back