AMD K7 driver from Windows Update

M

mcdruid

Has anyone else (with an Athlon/Duron etc..) been prompted to download a driver update for the AMD K7 when running Windows Update?

I keep getting it every time I run Update, and I'm a bit puzzled. Is this just what Microsoft are using as a generic name for AMD processors? Does it apply to my processor at all (see sig.)? Would it do anything (good or bad) to my system?

I could set a restore point & just give it a go, but I'd like to see if anyone else is getting this & knows what it's all about first...

cheers,

that windows update only applies to athlon xp's, mcdruid... as i never see the update available with my tbird.

I have installed it. But not from M.S. I have an Athalon 1.4 gig and it works great with the driver. The system seems to be more stable. My 3d mark bench went up about 10 points. So it's doing something.

I dont have it on my system I have a tbird, but I worked on another and it was an AthlonXP. I installed it, it did nothing harmful to the system. I dont use it so I cant vouch for performance.

I would download it.

I installed the update on my 1800 Athlon XP and it certainly didn't do anything bad.

I don't do this benchmarking thing (not that tech minded) so I couldn't tell you if it did much better, but you would expect if it is newer update then there has to be some form of improvement in compatibility or performance or bug fixed in certain hardware combinations.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back