Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intel Pentium D 930

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hi,
My friend was wondering what processor is best for running protools recording software...
He is willing to spend 2-3 hundred dollars on the processor...
I was wondering if you guys could please weigh in on the subject?
Thanks so much
-Jack

Last edited:
AMD X2 family. The fastest processor he is willing to spring for.

Make sure the system has lots of RAM (2 gig prefered) and a fast HD. The processor can only buy you so much performance. When it has to go to main memory or HD for data it gets choked.

I recommend the X2 because even if pro tool was not compiled for multi processor use now it will get upgraded and in the mean time a dual core chip will let you do other tasks without slowing down the file processing.

Yah, same here, i told him to get it he has a thing for intel though...
I hope this thread will help him change his mind, i mean look at the votes for the x2...
I love mine as well...
Thanks for your input more is needed and welcomed!
-Jack

Hey,
Is it possible that some of you guys could say a little something about your choice?
It's fine if you don't but it would help greatly if you could state why you made the choice you did...
Thanks A lot
-Jack

I voted X2, simply beacuse AMD has it down. They have the performance/heat/price crown at the moment. And I am a fanboy :D

Yep me too!
I think AMD is the best, if you look at the cnet results its a no brainer: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html
But still im looking for unbias result for the processor... But i think most of you guys don't truly have a bias to AMD, you just think its better for its performance...
-Jack

AMD is solid. I've been using AMD since, um, a very long while ago, back when they were still somewhat undiscovered and Intel Inside was the big thing.

In a little while I'm going to need an upgrade. I'm running an XP 2800+ now. I'll be getting an X2 4800+ in a few months - aft. erwards I know for a fact I won't need to upgrade for a long while. I use Adobe Premier/Photoshop with gigantic RAW/TIFF files, and it plain beats out any equivalent Intel, at least from my experience.

Cool!
Thats good...
Hey speaking of upgrading an a long while how long do you think before i'll have to upgrade, i run teh x2 4600...
Thanks
-Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back