AMD charges benchmarking manipulation favors Intel

No.... this has been about a 6 month problem... AMD's benches were still ahead of Intel's but the problem was, AMD's could have been even higher.

The problem with BAPCo's SYSmark 2002 is that it "compensates" for AMD's exceptional performance in Microsoft Access by reducing the score it gets in it. (Has no-one read THG's Editorial???)

At that time, AMD was still on top and the 533's weren't released yet.

AMD arguing about this is however quite useless... BAPCo has done the right thing by not allowing just one program to skew the overall mark of the benchmark.

Perhaps XPE needs to post the THG editorial... quite an interesting read.

Linkage:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/blurb/02q3/020825/blurb-01.html

yes they did do the right thing by not allowing just one thing to dominate and making sure that OTHER things were in consideration..

amd's point appears to be that everything amd did well at was scrapped or toned donw in favor of tests that intel did well in... and that does seem to be the case when you read the article..

does this mean the p4 2.8 is not the best right now? I don't think that does... the p4 2.8 does rule the roost... in terms of overall performance...

however now that AMD has joined bapco perhaps a new benchmarking system that measures TRUE overall performance and uses a system of checks and balances agreeable to both intel and amd will come into place giving us.. the consumer a understanding of what is happening out there

Quote: "No.... this has been about a 6 month problem... "

Really? I guess it was the P4 2.53 that time!

(Just having my fun)...!

Hmmm,

I was at Gen Con a few weeks ago. Intel had a booth there and were running game tourneys.

Besides that they also had 2 machines side by side and basically what they were doing was comparing benchmarks (both 3D mark,video card and cpu tests). They had signs up stating what each machine was.
1 was a Pent 4- 2.something (cant remember now) and 1 was a Athalon XP 2200+ (was supposed to be anyways) The pent4 was blowin away the Athalon.

I walked over, right clicked "my computer" and was kinda surprised. It said 1.33 Athalon Amd (tm). NO WONDER THE P4 WAS BLOWIN AWAY THE ATHALON I SAYS TO MYSELF. I called one of the intel guys over and he was surprised as well. he called another guy over and they decided to clock the P4 down for a fair comparison. At that point I had to leave for the day. I came back the next day and the P4 was still blowin away the Athalon. Obviously nothing was done.

This is a true story, I wouldnt make it up.

Now I'm not sayin Intel was doin it on purpose or that they do this kinda thing on a regular basis. But it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyways I just thought I should mention it.

PS- I love my Athalons LOL

Got witnesses? Signed statements. Third-party testimony...? Video documentation, voice recordings...? Well...?

LOL

AMD is now complaining like a virgin, there just scared of the pentium 5s :cool: LMAO
WHats NEXt? gonna blame it on the OS used?
seriously, amd is just making stuff up its all propaganda man, remember Big Brother isnt evil, Little brother the underdog is...

Glad to see someone see's the BIG picture. Wait till 0.09nm also really starts spank'n AMD soon...

it is rather interesting that the same few amd bashers emerge from the woodwork to flame ANY article that involves amd...

there are more posts on this thread concerning AMD crying around than there are related to the actual article...

is this kind of flaming really required?

we know you like pentiums... fine.. we know you don't like amd's... fine no one is forcing you to select one or the other..

what you MIGHT want to do is post something totally relevant to the article instead of inflamtory posts... it serves no purpose...

Flaming is good, it is a great way of comparing opinions, why are you scared of flaming, lmao its just words ****, for gods sake.. its not like someone is prank calling you

read guidelines..

also I have started other threads before where the actual arguments got lost...

flame away if you want.. everyone can express their opinions... np...

you will notice that everything moves away from being related to the topic to something that there are tons of threads on...

flaming is basically a way of comparing opinions by seeing who can out-bash the other...

Well I remember hearing something about this a long time ago. I do seem to think that AMD is being a bit whiney over this but they r entitled to their thoughts but they r also the ones who quite using MHz to measure processor performance which as at least done a little bit to hurt their sales and bust Intels but ppl will buy whatever they feel like. I look at from this way they both have good's things and bad things about them. For my own use I'll stay with Intel but if I was to build a system for somebody and they wanted an AMD chip then I would do that. Flaming is both good and bad it does point out the differenices between the companies but it also gets old to read. Anybody have any idea as to how both AMD and Intel have been around? But my question is this: Think real hard what would happen to Intel if AMD dies or also in the unlikely event that AMD finally puts Intel down for the count would good would happen?

Quote: "it is rather interesting that the same few amd bashers emerge from the woodwork to flame ANY article that involves amd...

there are more posts on this thread concerning AMD crying around than there are related to the actual article...

is this kind of flaming really required?

we know you like pentiums... fine.. we know you don't like amd's... fine no one is forcing you to select one or the other..

what you MIGHT want to do is post something totally relevant to the article instead of inflamtory posts... it serves no purpose..."

Christ, lighten up... Have you ever heard of following the race...? This ain't flamming, it's no different than saying look at Green Bay go...!

__________________:D:D :D

Re: LOL

Originally posted by ssj4conejo
AMD is now complaining like a virgin, there just scared of the pentium 5s :cool: LMAO
WHats NEXt? gonna blame it on the OS used?
seriously, amd is just making stuff up its all propaganda man, remember Big Brother isnt evil, Little brother the underdog is...

It would be one thing if what AMD was saying WAS made up but it wasn't made up. BAPCo does alter the final results. (read the editorial from THG if you want to know how to produce raw results)

BAPCo however are altering the results so as to not skew the results because of 1 test.

If you want to flame, flame what you know rather than put up crap that is wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back