AMD Barton 2500++

Reka,
I would tell you where this setting is but i dont have the same board as you. I have the NF7 which dosen't have sound or graphics or SATA built into the board as i already have all these, and therefore dont have that BIOS setting.

But i would look for an option which says First Boot Device and make sure its not set to SATA.

If you change anything remember what it was set too so that if you get stuck you can change it back. A good guide for your BIOS settings is Here .

If you need - ask someone over at the forums that i linked to previously - they are really helpful and wont knock you.

Oh, and an Aero 7+ will be fine, just make sure you get the + version.

At least this happens with the Geforce4/FX, but it probably happens w/ Radeons too. To keep costs down on the "mainstream" 256MB cards, the manufacturers use cheaper memory, which is then clocked lower to make it work stably. For instance, in the case of FX5600, the stock speeds are 325core/550mem, where mine is 325/500.

Good point - although i have to admit im not aware of this happening on the ATi cards - though dont flame me on this as i have not checked - that strikes me as wrong though - bad manufacturers. Incidentally a 256Mb card will be faster with higher AA and antistropic filtering settings. Sazar would be able to tell us in a flash i imagine.

Thx again BlueRaja,

This might be off topic, but i hope i can get some help
I have two Seagate Barracuda
1. 20GB
2. 80GB

Both are ST32011A

the 20GB is 1+ year old, where as the 80GB is 2 months old.

I forgot, the specs of the hdds, i think the 80GB supports Ultra ATA 133 as for the 20GB, i am not so sure

So here's my problem, which hdd should i use as my system ?
does the 80GB perform better or is it the same ?
I prefer to store all my music and movies in the bigger one, and using it as second disk drive

I have 8GB of music and about 20GB of movies

In BIOS

Integrated Peripherals
Onboard PCI Device
Serial ATA Controller

Set to disabled

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Good point - although i have to admit im not aware of this happening on the ATi cards - though dont flame me on this as i have not checked - that strikes me as wrong though - bad manufacturers. Incidentally a 256Mb card will be faster with higher AA and antistropic filtering settings. Sazar would be able to tell us in a flash i imagine.

well AIB partners may use whatever memory they wish to do so but they all have to stay within specs pretty much :)

the cards perform as expected though some companies do use faster memory... stock clocks are the same but oc's can get higher...

256mb cards are only good if you are going to be using high res/high lod...

the mainstream cards with more mmeory are pretty much marketing gimmicks... they don't have enough juice to utilise all the memory they already have...

OTOH high-end cards @ high res and high LOD are already getting to the max texture size they can process w/o swapping...

examples are some ut2k3 maps and even games like max payne 2... memory usage by textures > on board memory == swapping...

swapping == reduced performance... so like you say raja... with filtering enabled... 256mb is better for highend cards...

low end/mainstream cards are less likely to see much improvement since they are not that great @ high res anyways...

Hehehe,
You call and he comes - its SuperSazar... :D

Thanks matey.

Reka,

As for your drive issue - what i do is create a 10 Gig partition on my largest disk and only put OS stuff on that partition, then locate all my Programs and Music and stuff on the other drives. That way i can format my OS partition and not loose everything else. I just backup my documents and my favourites before i do it.

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Hehehe,
You call and he comes - its SuperSazar... :D

Thanks matey.

Superman.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back