• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AMD AthlonXP 2400

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
Just a question, has anyone here heard of this chip, as its not even listed on AMD's or anyone elses website anyway, although i have one, the funny thing about the chip is that is it faster than the 2500 and almost as fast as the 2700xp. Anyone know why this is such a rare chip?

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Neither of the 2400+ were barton core as the lowest the barton core went was 2500+.
Yes there were two 2400+ made.
Both were 2000 MHz at 266 MHz FSB and 256KB L2 cache. One had a Vcore voltage of 1.60 and the other 1.65 as they had a different core.
Now the 2500+ runs at 1833 MHz so you may think it was slower but it ran at a 333 MHz FSB and had 512KB L2 cache.

The 2700+ runs at 2167 MHz at 333 MHz FSB with a 256KB L2 cache.

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
not to argue with you zombie but my 2400 has an fsb of 333mhz, as this is what my motherboard bios tells me as well as various other programs, is this strange or what? So yes my chip is faster than the 2500xp, i so i would assume.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
lancer said:
not to argue with you zombie but my 2400 has an fsb of 333mhz, as this is what my motherboard bios tells me as well as various other programs, is this strange or what? So yes my chip is faster than the 2500xp, i so i would assume.
Take a look at this chart as it is all the latest CPU's that AMD made.
If it is not on this list then they did not make it.

Do you see a XP 2400+ that has a 333 FSB?

Barton core is model 10 and I do not see a 2400+ or 2400+ MP in the list for barton core.

Maybe use the info at the bottom of the document to correctly identify your CPU.
It could also be you have a CPU that someone modded the bridges or what you could have is a 2400+ Sempron as they clock at 333. If bios is not up to date it would identify it as a Athlon XP.

2400 Sempron 1.667/333fsb

I am thinking you have a Sempron. :)

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/K7_Electrical_Specification_Rev07_ENG.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown