AMD 64-bit single-core processor club

Re: Athlon 64-bit processor club

Kermit_The_Frog said:
I use that board 2 of them one with the 3000+ one with the 3500+ and I use the ASUS probe that came with the board it has all the features I need and never seems to be wrong , it has fans speeds, temps, and voltages
Yeah i got that board and i just use asus probe as above

Yeah, Dumped MBM5 and Now using Asus Probe and SpeedFan. I had totally forgot about. I use to us it on my old K7M board, may moons ago.

Thanks Kermit. Rep +++++

*Kicks self a dozen times*

gonaads said:
Yeah, Dumped MBM5 and Now using Asus Probe and SpeedFan. I had totally forgot about. I use to us it on my old K7M board, may moons ago.

Thanks Kermit. Rep +++++

*Kicks self a dozen times*

*was gonna kick you too * but rep points saved ya *ss

j/k

hahahaha. You ass. :p

My next upgrade (due aug/early sept)...

(Prices as at 23rd April UK)
AMD Athlon64 3000+ (winchester/poss venice) £105.69/£123.32
MSI NEO4 Platinum (Ultra) £105.69
Corsair 1024-3200C2Pro £99.82
Leadtek 6600GT Extreme/6800 £140.94/£199.69
Antec NeoPower 480W £85.19

What do you guys think?

I know it's not the best of combinations especially the RAM, but due to financial constraints I need to sacrifice a bit to get better GPU. I need to get something that would give me a minimum of 40-60fps to play HL2/CS Source and not hurt my pocket. I'm not too worried about the CPU as my 2100+ XP is already doing extremely well for my needs.

Looks good to me our 2nd rig is the AMD3000 and the 6800 with 1 gig and ASUS A8V and it runs like a charm.

I just finished building my new system about 4 days ago. My sig has the specs... I am very happy with it!

Wahoooooooooo!!!

I hope to have joined the 64-bit club by end of May. I've placed my order for the all the necessary hardware for the upgrade (can be found below). However, not sure when the San Diego chips will be mainstream. Hope it's readily available. :)

anyway, after many sleepless night and probably 20+ revisions of the configuration of the upgrade, here's what I have ordered so far:

MSI Neo4 Platinum
AMD Athlon64 3500+ San Diego (1MB)
Antec NeoPower 480W
WD 160GB SATA 8MB 7200 HD
Gigabyte 6800GT 256mb PCI-e

Not yet ordered:
RAM - Corsair/Geil 1GB PC3200
DVD writer - LiteOn 1673S

You know what really bugs me is that the new San Diego core 3500+ is a 2.0Ghz CPU with 1MB L2 cache and the one out rite now is a 2.2GHz with 512k L2 cache.

Basically what you get is a slower core with a larger L2 cache for a given performance rating and what looks like the same price. But maybe the slower clocked cores have more room to o/c.

So let's say you buy a Venice 3500+, you're at 2.2GHz. The San Diego 3500+ starts at 2.0GHz.

They could very well o/c on average to the same speed. But more L2 cache if you overclock the San Diego, thus higher performance. Me thinks.

The way I see things with regard to performance/speed and power consumption is that if AMD/Intel can produce really good performance on a chip at low frequencies and using low power then I'd support them.

I'm pretty sure that the San Diego will perform just as good or better than the Venice core otherwise they wouldn't rate it at 3500+. Plus as mentioned, OCing will be better on the San Diego.

At last after nearly 3 weeks of waiting/delays i finally have my 3200 venice processor / MSI K8N NEo 2 and 1 gig dual channel corsair value mem :)

Well now me runnin Atlon64 3500+ (New Castle) @ 2.64GHz OC and have a total of 2 Gigs Corsair Value Select Memory in it. Was thinkin of goin with the XL mem but this is fine. It serves me.

gonaads said:
Well now me runnin Atlon64 3500+ (New Castle) @ 2.64GHz OC and have a total of 2 Gigs Corsair Value Select Memory in it. Was thinkin of goin with the XL mem but this is fine. It serves me.

Bastard :mad::lick:

And now I got my order placed with MS for my copy of 64bit XP Pro traded in my licence and gave them my master card # 22$ shipping

I think I'll wait till they get all the drivers goin. Then I think I'll do a dual boot for a while before I go all 64bit. Which means I'll go and buy it. But that way I keeps my 32bit XP Pro license and I can continue to use it. On another machine. :D

I think you'll be able to keep your 32 bit os untill you register the 64

I'd get it so it's free and wait to install it

Kermit_The_Frog said:
And now I got my order placed with MS for my copy of 64bit XP Pro traded in my licence and gave them my master card # 22$ shipping
shipping for me was ten bucks

you are probably gonna get a bigger box then I get

I wonder when this ships

woot.. getting my AMD 3500+ san diego on 31st may... =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back