AMD 4ghz is history!!

L

Lee

Not my scene, though however, some here like to burn it up!

Two overclockers @XS.org have set a clockrate record on the Athlon64; they managed to crank an FX-55 to 4GHz. There is more info on how they accomplished this.

Link

there wouldnt be...

a standard non overclocked fx-55 it would need a 5.2ghz intel hunk of crappola;) which ofcourse doesnt exist

_kC_ said:
there wouldnt be...

a standard non overclocked fx-55 it would need a 5.2ghz intel hunk of crappola;) which ofcourse doesnt exist
that was my point

a 4ghz amd would need a 10-14ghz intel to get the same performance :)

Who cares, the AMD FX-55 is $850. I would rather run dual xeon 3.0 GHz chips, and it would be cheaper.

j79zlr said:
Who cares, the AMD FX-55 is $850. I would rather run dual xeon 3.0 GHz chips, and it would be cheaper.

agreed.... :nervous:

j79zlr said:
I would rather run dual xeon 3.0 GHz chips, and it would be cheaper.
my friend has a dell p4 dually laptop

it is the fastest laptop I have ever seen, and faster then any desktop that wasn't also a dually.

but that's comparing apples to pinadas

this is why I want a 64 dually laptop however...that dually is lightning fast...I don't know who said dual chips don't give much gain for most users, but they were way wrong

perris said:
my friend has a dell p4 dually laptop

it is the fastest laptop I have ever seen, and faster then any desktop that wasn't also a dually.

but that's comparing apples to pinadas

this is why I want a 64 dually laptop however...that dually is lighning fast...I don't know who said dual chips don't give much gain for most users, but they were dead wring

Dual p4 laptop? What is its battery life, about 15 minutes?

j79zlr said:
probably, but for 15 minutes it can get so much done :laugh:

sorry could'nt resist

j79zlr said:
it clocks down on battery power...he says he gets two hours...I'll try to get the model number for you.

btw, he actually has hyperthreading enabled, so the applet reads four cpu's

Wow...I hadn't ever heard of a dual-P4 Dell notebook. I must have missed something. :eek:

I'm trying to get him on the phone now

[edit]

he'll be back in about an hour, I'll get the details...he's from india, and did get it over seas, but only paid about 1700 osnn rubels

ok they just failed one bit of the mission, shipping the whole pc to me:p wow nice to hear the dual laptop which they made an amd one, then maybe i would get a laptop i hate laptops even though im on one right now, they get outdated so quickly! and die faster. now i have two company laptops at my house, have to fix one up for my dad so he can take it on a business trip soon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back