Amd 2600+

considering I have spent around 650 bucks on it ?

yeah i think I like her...

:)

thanks mate...

Whenever I click on a compare link for 3dmark2k1, I can only laugh at myself...26xx, rotfl...

And as for the whole debate bs, I haven't given any input on the subject at this forum, here's my view:

I've always ran AMD, prices have always been more to my liking for the performance, though I've only run AMD, and have never really been a fan of Intel from the start, doesn't mean I'm going to bash them, we've thrown together p4 boxes for my school, though they aren't the greatest thing I've messed with (network is a hindrance, t1 shared on 3 local campuses :(), I'll probably build an intel system once money allows me to have a knock-around box. Same goes for ATI (I'd take an R300 just as fast as I would an NV30 :))

And besides, bashing the 2 companies is pointless, just shows what kind of person you are..

Originally posted by GT2000
And besides, bashing the 2 companies is pointless, just shows what kind of person you are..

I agree

its good to battle

Heck its good to bash each other that way people become more aware of each companies dirty tricks. By the way all of you clawhammer fans, wait till you see the Pentium 5 Benchmarks, bwahaha. Pentium 5's are coming out 2nd quater 2003 at 4ghz so watch out.

well... instructions per clock cycle = ? for pentium 4 ?

thanks and how many for amd ?

hmm... howz about a niner?

therefore simply put a 3 ghz amd will perform 3000 more instructions than a 4 ghz pentium4.... interesting...

3000x9 = 27000
4000x6 = 24000

basing this on expected clock speeds at the time...

pentium and intel will both have more on die cache and they will both have higher fsb's...

but in leymans terms... as intel cranks up the clock speed... will it increase its instructions per clock cycle? till they do and amd sits still then we are in for interesting conclusions with no clear winner in any department except the megahertz one... for intel... and the instructions... for AMD...

before you bash my instructions per clock cycle claim read official press releases... thank you very much... :)

Originally posted by Sazar
well... instructions per clock cycle = ? for pentium 4 ?

thanks and how many for amd ?

hmm... howz about a niner?

Well at least that explains why they run so damn hot.

Thanks for the explanation on that saz. :rolleyes:

P.S. Saz, WWWAAAAAAZZZZZZZZUUUUPPPPPPPPPP :D

Originally posted by Sazar
heh yer just jealous... :)

Yea, I wish I could fry an egg on my cpu die, would save me a trip to the kitchen.

Hey Grinder,

That Film you took your Avatar from carried an 18 certificate. We have children in this forum. Change the bloody thing :mad:

about the penitum 5s, i think INTel will probably higher the instructions per second, they are making the pentium 5 out of something called strained silicone and theres new gaming and multi-media enhancements so even a 3 ghz hammer cant touch it.

Originally posted by Bytes Back
Hey Grinder,

That Film you took your Avatar from carried an 18 certificate. We have children in this forum. Change the bloody thing :mad:

Are you serious about this? :confused:

Yes I am, The thing makes me feel sick every time I read one of your posts. What the hell does it do to other people.

This is not a personal dig at you, just your avatar

Thanks for the temporrary change. :D

Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid

didnt u run all the 3dmark tests? u only ran the games?

um with 3dmark you run the vid stuff mate...

with pc mark it benches your system... its pcmark2002 and when I look under project manager I cant see anything to compare scores..

it runs default all the time.. I can't change anything...

:D

.:edit:.

sorry mate misread the question...

no I dont have time to run all the tests... takes too long... I benched it and with games alone you can get the score... the other stuff is just eye candy..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back